A new report listing law schools with the highest rates of unemployment among graduates found that Reverend Jerry Falwell Jr.‘s Liberty University Law School is one of the worst institutions in the nation.
According to an National Law Journal study, Liberty University ranked fourth in the top 10 worse US law schools. Those who graduate from the well-known Christian law school, as much as 26.2 percent are currently unemployed.
Raw Story reports that Liberty University graduates are even less likely to get jobs than graduates from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, which was ordered to stand trial for allegedly vastly inflating their post-graduation employment statistics earlier in the year.
Here are the top 10 law schools that churn out soon-to-be unemployed graduates:
- Southwestern Law: 30.55 percent unemployed
- Florida Coastal Law: 28.36 percent unemployed
- Santa Clara Law: 28.31 percent unemployed
- Liberty U. Law: 26.23 percent unemployed
- Thomas Jefferson Law: 26.14 percent unemployed
- San Francisco Law: 24.70 percent unemployed
- Cooley Law: 23.55 percent unemployed
- Pacific McGeorge Law: 22.81 percent unemployed
- St. Thomas U. Law: 22.42 percent unemployed
- Charlotte Law: 22.37 percent unemployed
In contrast, Lynchburg, Virgina, where Liberty University resides, has an unemployment rate of 5.4 percent and the national unemployment rate currently stands at 5.0 percent.
Featured image: Flickr