Featured

America’s spoiled and entitled teenagers ruined Christmas on Twitter

What good is Christmas if you didn’t get exactly what you wanted? What’s the point of family if they don’t know what gifts to bestow upon your precious self? Why are parents so despicably inconsiderate that they shower you with crap you don’t even want? Christmas is officially ruined according to these bereaved and oppressed youths.

Because it’s torture to have to show appreciation. Because you have to “pretend to like” everything you get. Because your parents get each other better presents than the ones they get for you. Because you have to leave the house to spend time with people who love you. Because since THEY chose to have you, appreciating what they give you all the time is uncalled for. Because they shouldn’t f-cking test you. Because you didn’t get a Paul’s Boutique jacket. Because you are not “poor cavemen,” so you deserve better.

What good is Christmas if you didn’t get exactly what you wanted? What’s the point of family if they don’t know what gifts to bestow upon you?

Let the oppressed youth of America tell you all about it.

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.21.53 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.22.28 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.23.13 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.24.18 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.24.45 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.25.09 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.25.37 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.26.08 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.26.45 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.27.19 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.28.06 AMScreen Shot 2014-12-25 at 11.28.52 AM h/t: Gawker

Facebook Comment
259 Comments

259 Comments

1. Dean Davidson

December 25, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Those Damned brats need to go to help at a homeless shelter or a VA Hospital or better yet their parents need to kick their selfish asses for them

2. Patsy Stoned

December 26, 2014 at 1:46 am

Poor them.

3. momatad

December 26, 2014 at 2:16 am

amen.

4. Tony McAdams (@TonyMcAdams)

December 26, 2014 at 3:12 am

I’ve got mixed emotions about this one. Is it they are more “connected” so the moment of disappointment is so “harsh”? Or are Mr.5c & Ms.Ipod spoiled brats that needed my dads belt? “Lugging presents back & forth” are you kidding me? If the 1%ers get their way, these folk will wish they had these days back. LOL Merry Christmas!

5. skettelhut

December 26, 2014 at 3:17 am

Step 1: take away the cell phone..

6. dwaynedwillis

December 26, 2014 at 3:17 am

Agreed Dean. These kids need a lesson in gratitude. I’m scared to death when these kids take over. We are so screwed.

7. Connie Colvin

December 26, 2014 at 3:21 am

It is really horrifying what is written here.How were these kids raised, obviously they are spoiled brats and ungrateful wreches. Sad.

8. zdstone

December 26, 2014 at 3:22 am

#sadforthefuture

9. Shadow

December 26, 2014 at 3:26 am

those brats got it good.
    I am 30 years old with MS no family(lost them years ago) and not out whining about anything.

those brats have it good and should be thankful for what they have.

I HATE punks like those..

10. Don

December 26, 2014 at 3:46 am

Reminds me of a niece and nephew who were “displeased” with my gifts to them, which, “coincidently” was the last time they ever received a gift from me.

11. EA

December 26, 2014 at 4:03 am

Wait, seriously? Some of these kids actually have what could be legitimate complaints. Especially the ones talking about their family fighting. That can be awful when you are a kid, I lived that life. Heck, one is complaining about someone else’s bad attitude. There are even a few who don’t like their presents but are still trying to be mature about it. Regarding some of the clothes complaints, I had that problem. I was not a trendy kid, in fact I had no problem buying inexpensive and second hand clothes, but at Christmas I would wind up with stuff that looked awful on me or didn’t fit. Oh, and that first comment? That isn’t greed or impatience, that is being anxious about having everyone looking at you.

Some of them are being total monsters and just about all are using profanity, but focus just a hair deeper focus on the content. Not all of these kids seem that bad. This really drops the ball on critical thinking and is a bit too click baity, and I read an average of 5 articles a day from this site. There are much better examples of entitled brats out there, these just make me feel bad for most of the kids who have families fighting on Christmas.

12. Not the Ed

December 26, 2014 at 4:16 am

Dude, a little spot checking, but at least 3 of these aren’t American and I’m not halfway through the list. Sooo…lazy writing + incorrect stereotypes = no humor.

13. William Farris

December 26, 2014 at 4:17 am

I blame the parents. This is allowed behavior. They have allowed their children to be disrespectful.

14. dotofoz

December 26, 2014 at 4:18 am

They get this crap from parents. I knew a woman who bought televisions for her son and daughter, and they whined, because it was the wrong brand. I would have donated both televisions to charity, and not gotten them anything else. But she actually returned them and got them the more expensive brand they wanted.

15. Troy Hewitt

December 26, 2014 at 4:19 am

You are mixing some legitimate childhood pathos with something you aren’t qualified to judge. Childshaming, I just added it to my Swype.

16. Josh

December 26, 2014 at 4:21 am

Some of these people are entitled. Some are complaining satirically and are actually being grateful. The rest come from poor or abusive families and really did have a bad Christmas.

As someone who came from an abusive household I can gladly say that this Christmas was the first I really enjoyed. I’m 21 and I spent it alone, took acid, gave the candy I received to my neighbours. Took more acid. Saved everyone’s clothes from being drenched. Thought a lot about how Christmas is a consumerist holiday so I was glad I received very little this year. Was really grateful for what I did get. Had only $47 for the next 10 days food(food is about twice the price in Australia compared to the US). Luckily my mum bought me a whole bag of fruit(in addition to bringing me a big sack of candy) and my dad brought around a whole chicken!, garlic bread and an expensive frozen pizza. Now I don’t have to worry about surviving on noodles for the next week :’)

Note: If you’re wondering how I can afford acid. I can’t. Give when you have nothing and you will receive 🙂

17. latenightlarry

December 26, 2014 at 4:27 am

18. Richard Wade

December 26, 2014 at 5:26 am

Uh, teenagers being self-centered is something new? Like it didn’t happen thousands of years ago? Like our generation didn’t act like that? Like we didn’t act like that at least part of the time? Self-centeredness is a necessary stage of building a self, and it’s not a happy or comfortable time for anyone going through it. It varies in severity, but it has its own built-in variable “punishment”: The worse the self-centered resentment, the worse the dissatisfaction and unhappiness. Fortunately, most of us survive it and grow out of it. Then sadly, many of us forget we were ever like that, and get self-righteous when we see teens being self-centered.

19. damascus

December 26, 2014 at 5:41 am

Some of those complaints are legitimate and this story in part is victim shaming. I can remember the agony of suffering from severe undiagnosed depression that made Christmas gatherings the worst possible experience because I was unable to share the appropriate joy. Don’t judge others until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.

20. Barry Carter

December 26, 2014 at 5:46 am

The last guy was actually berating his sister for not liking the present she got. If you need to look up berating then don’t even begin to disagree with me.

21. Bryan

December 26, 2014 at 8:01 am

Tis the season to be ungrateful little shits. fa la la la la la la. I wonder when the world changed to these kids feeling like they are guaranteed anything at Christmas. Take them out to do some charity work at christmas (feeding the homeless, etc.) and let them see what it truly means to be grateful for the little things like food and someone caring.

22. Baeraad

December 26, 2014 at 9:51 am

I’m not sure if I see this as a searing indictment of today’s youth as much as further evidence, if any was needed, that Christmas is a seriously messed-up holiday. I mean, just for starters, they put it in the coldest, darkest, most depressing part of the year and then demand that we be jolly? And getting along with your family is hard enough without feeling forced to do it. :p

23. Michael Straus

December 26, 2014 at 11:15 am

as it should be

24. Michael Straus

December 26, 2014 at 11:19 am

diamon and a toffanys necklace. DON’T THESE SPOILED ROTTEN BRATS EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPELL? If you can’t talk right and spell right I have no time for you.

25. jimbotherisenclown

December 26, 2014 at 11:53 am

Tay’s comment didn’t seem too bad, but all of the rest of these were horrible children. King Corp in particular doesn’t sound like he deserves anything, much less an incredibly expensive phone that costs as much as some paychecks.

26. Mark Seeley

December 26, 2014 at 11:54 am

Is it ironic that a teen with a screen name against bullying wishes a watery death on her mother?

27. Angry Dave

December 26, 2014 at 11:58 am

This is why the terrorists hate us..

28. Carolyn Young

December 26, 2014 at 12:14 pm

That one was just telling the truth about divorced parents, she didn’t seem incredibly spoiled. The rest of them need to send their gifts to the needy because obviously they don’t appreciate them.

29. Veronica Dobell Prior

December 26, 2014 at 12:36 pm

The parents allow them to think that the sole purpose of Christmas is to fulfill their greedy fantasies. These kids need to learn a bit more about giving.

30. Avee

December 26, 2014 at 12:42 pm

They didn’t just become this way. This is the kind of behavior that has been planted and allowed to grow in them for years. Bratty disrespect that was oh so cute when they were 3…not so cute now.

31. Panda

December 26, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Don’t get me wrong, no holiday his prefect, but hot damn, these kids need a good slap in the face and an introduction to reality. I can’t believe people out there have that attitude and believe they can get away with it.

32. Christopher Stephen Paul

December 26, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I blame the media and the retail industry. Turned the holiday into competition to get the most expensive crap. What ever happened to being greatful to have a nice family dinner together? Spoiled brats! They all should have gotten charcoal!

33. Brick

December 26, 2014 at 2:44 pm

A sad bunch of ridiculously pampered children. Thank God they are few and far between. I would take every single present back and never, I mean NEVER buy them another until they learned humility, contentment, and acquired a gracious heart. As a parent……I would be horrified if my children acted this way.

34. Megan

December 26, 2014 at 2:49 pm

The tweet from bruh was understandable. He was angry with his family for fighting and not trying to get along. But everyone else is a brat.

35. Ellie Queen

December 26, 2014 at 2:55 pm

The only ones I can emphasize with are the ones that got clothes from their parents. I know. I was in high school once upon a time. Girls in outdated grandma-clothes get made fun of! Feel kinda sorry for the ones whose parents do nothing but fight.

36. Lina

December 26, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Their attitudes are nasty, but I do agree with not buying things just to buy something. It’s just gonna end up collecting dust or in a landfill, and that is just an irresponsible waste of natural resources. And please don’t buy/make clothes for someone else unless it’s an awesome ironic christmas sweater or something that you KNOW they like. It’s better to give nothing than to give crap.

37. Karolina de Honestis

December 26, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Their attitudes are terrible and downright nasty, but I do agree with not buying things just to buy something. It’s just gonna end up collecting dust or in a landfill, and that is just an irresponsible waste of natural resources. And please don’t buy/make clothes for someone else unless it’s an awesome ironic christmas sweater or something that you KNOW they like. It’s better to give nothing than to give crap.

38. Hannah

December 26, 2014 at 3:52 pm

Just wait till the the evil spawn start having evil spawn of their own..lol god help us all.

39. leeabe

December 26, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Our future businessmen and Wall Street criminals.

40. HeckNO

December 26, 2014 at 5:08 pm

If my kids did this, it would be the last Christmas we ever celebrated. These kids are ungrateful POS.

41. Evan Taylor

December 26, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Some of these are taken out of context…. And wouldn’t you b**** about someone who just got you a bunch of stuff and didn’t care about the gift that they got you. The whole giving of gifts to make someone feel special and a lot of people just buy it for each other for Christmas. Children know when they are being treated second rate. So if anything, we should be applauding in some of these children(though some of them need a good smack down), because they’re actually speaking how they feel. We know that in our adult society honesty is not appreciated it as much as it should be

42. tattoohero

December 26, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Getting clothes sucks as a kid and I can relate to having your parents buy you clothes you’d rather not wear.

I remember getting Olivia Newton John’s Physical for Christmas and thinking WTF is this? Last year you bought me a Kiss album. Rather have more Kiss.

43. Bill Edelman

December 26, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Conscript every one of these asshole brats, put them in the military and teach them discipline, common sense, and humility.

44. psychologystudentkimi

December 26, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I understand a lot of this, especially about the clothes. Every year my mom would by me expensive clothes that i hated. They arent being ungrateful, thwy are wjo they are and their parents should buy clothes that reflect who they are. It wasnt until i got a job and started buyiing my own clothes did she stop buying mw things like south pole and start gettjng me the inexpensive brandless clothes i prefer…..
    Aand the child complaining about the very serious problems she has to deal with on christmas.
    Her just argue doeatroying this holiday that is supposed to make problems seem like they dont exist for one day.
    I also see that there are some kids that are talking about their parents divorce. Making light of a very bad situation.

45. Pinko

December 26, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Quite a lot of this aren’t actually about being spoiled? Some of them seem to be about people who don’t have very happy families. So cut them some slack.

But the others…spoiled for sure.

46. Elizabeth

December 26, 2014 at 6:28 pm

After reading these disgusting tweets it makes me realize what amazing kids I have …text from my 14 year old that i woke up to today “I’m so thankful for everything that you and dad do for us…. You guys are the best and I couldn’t ask for better parents then you “

47. Joel Serna

December 26, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Props to Dejai (the last one), though. He seems to be mad not at what his parents got him, but that his sister is bitching and wants to return her present to the store like a spoiled brat.

48. Eoin Maloney

December 26, 2014 at 7:43 pm

So…a few brats complained about their presents? Yes, I’m sure the sample given is certainly representative of teenagers. Not at all a BS fluff article designed to cater to older reader’s desire to think ill of the next generation. Definitely an even-handed approach. Yup yup yup.

49. Derek Allen

December 26, 2014 at 8:31 pm

The only one who has a legitimate gripe is @KarlaCabooty. The rest of those little punks need to be curbstomped

50. Hezz

December 26, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Ungrateful. But one day, they will grow up, look back and realize it. Be happy you have parents who care enough to even buy you gifts. Not everyone is that lucky. = (

51. Fleur

December 26, 2014 at 9:17 pm

The first one is a legitimate complaint. I am 31 years old with children of my own, and I have ALWAYS hated that and have had panic attacks when I’ve had to open gifts with everyone focusing on me.

52. no

December 26, 2014 at 9:18 pm

I know what berating means. I don’t believe in airing family laundry in public, no matter what side is taken. People like you are part of the problem.

53. Stephanie Hannan

December 26, 2014 at 10:32 pm

The whole point of this article was the sour spoiled kids so that’s what we got. I am sure there were many many tweets from thankful and loving kids. These kids make me sad. I was a single mom for a long time and had to buy my son “off brand” clothes and mp3. He hid it well and was thankful, but it always broke my heart when I could tell he was disappointed. These brats need to consider how much thought the parents had to put in to get them anything they could afford and they thought their child would enjoy.

54. Rebecca Greene

December 26, 2014 at 10:45 pm

I spent $60 on my niece last year to buy her the one thing that she really really really wanted. She unwrapped it, and her eyes lit up, and she spent all day playing with it. Then, right before she left my sister-in-law told her to thank me for giving her the toy (it was a Furreal Friends dog) and my niece picked up the toy, walked right up to— the trash can. She threw it away because it was from me. This year, she got shampoo. Then she threw a fit because she didn’t get the biggest present (I did, it was a 3 piece collage picture frame set) and tried to break everyone else’s gifts. She’s 7.

55. Daghlian's Folly

December 27, 2014 at 12:09 am

Three or four of those tweets are definitely out of line, but as to the rest… I don’t know a single *adult* who hasn’t expressed frustration or disappointment in a poorly selected gift, a crappy sweater, family being difficult during the holidays, or a less-than-festive feel to the season. This is mostly just venting during what can be a very tense time of year. That’s all these kids are doing, and it’s not like they’re throwing this stuff in their parents’ faces. It’s been the bread and butter of adult comedians for decades.

I suppose “kids these days” have always been an acceptable target for the true grumps and jaded malcontents out there– us, the grown-ups. Who should know better.

56. JM

December 27, 2014 at 12:23 am

Conscription isn’t any way to make an army, and really, are these the people you want in the military?

57. Elizabeth West

December 27, 2014 at 12:24 am

They haven’t learned how to be chill about getting something you don’t want and then re-gifting it. Amateurs.

58. gloriakp

December 27, 2014 at 12:26 am

Amen.

59. Calluna

December 27, 2014 at 12:28 am

There were several complaining of bad behavior by their parents. I can see why they were complaining.

60. Naomi

December 27, 2014 at 12:29 am

To be fair, most of those aren’t bitching and being spoilt brats about getting presents they didn’t like. I mean we’ve all got a present or two at some point we didn’t like, we can’t help it, but that doesn’t stop us being grateful for the thought and effort the gift giver made. Quite a few of those were fairly ambiguous and you have no idea what made them say those things. Their Christmas Days may have been awful, not because of the presents but because of their family or something else. Only a couple were quite obviously spoilt brats who need a wake up call – like the charming young man who was lucky enough to receive an iPhone that clearly wasn’t good enough!

61. anon74

December 27, 2014 at 12:39 am

Did the person who compiled this article (writing would be giving far too much credit) even READ most of these tweets before posting them? De’Jai Moore appears mad a sister who wants to return gifts, several seem to just have unhappy homes or are general, less than impressed comments, like Tay’s. One person appears to have gotten nothing for Christmas, not because they couldn’t afford it but because her family didn’t bother (antibullying mel). There are only a few that are truly spoiled sounding. I know it was hard to find them this year, unlike years past, but most of these are a reach.

And did you get their permission to post their tweets in an article? Seems like that would be the decent thing to do. Most people expect their tweets to only be seen on Twitter.

62. Llama

December 27, 2014 at 12:56 am

*empathize

63. grateful

December 27, 2014 at 1:01 am

I felt bad this year I couldn’t buy what I wanted for my three children and two grandchildren…..their responses….I don’t need anything mom just spending a few hrs all together is what its all about….. I raised some pretty awesome kids

64. Humanity is doomed

December 27, 2014 at 1:05 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you–the new generation. And this is the generation that is going to continue on the human race? What cosmic curse has befallen humanity to warrant this absurdity?

65. Josh

December 27, 2014 at 1:36 am

Don’t you think that is a bit extreme? They are kids. Kids emulate their parents.

66. Babuska

December 27, 2014 at 1:38 am

I think sadly these kids have been brought up to value objects and money over family and love. There parents can only blame themselves if they don’t work hard at teaching them correct value systems and spend actually quality time with their family they can’t moan when there kids just become all about the money. My son a preschooler now and everything is magical thank god he is just excited to get to open presents sing fun songs and decorate a tree and see santa that’s like awesome to him.But once he gets exposed to the values or lack of humanity and moral values of others I can see that generous spirit and nature in him coming to an abrupt end what’s happened to the world. As a mother I weap for our children especially when there are kids in other countries who are orphans child soldiers kidnap victims victims of traffikers sweatshop workers disabled persecuted suffering and these sour face teenagers moan about not getting a load of toys and gifts for what doing nothing but grouch and bout there lot Inn life.

67. Josh

December 27, 2014 at 1:38 am

Well would you look at that. A reasonable person on the internet. I never thought I’d see the day.

68. marie

December 27, 2014 at 1:55 am

Shit they talk like they grown. Time to start putting some asses out and let them go get their own place and buy their own shit. If they too young I’d take all their shit away. Leave them with a bed. As long as they have food and a roof it ain’t against the law if they don’t have shit else. I wouldn’t even buy their clothes from Walmart. I’d take my ass to the goodwill and get those little brats their clothes and shoes. They wouldn’t even have a tv or a cell phone. Only phone would be the house phone and they won’t be able to touch that except to call 911. Wouldn’t even be sweets and shit. Cereal would be plain ass corn flakes or those wheat puffs, can’t even put sugar on the shit. They want something special they better get a job and buy their own shit. Those parents better take all those gifts back return em and use the money on themselves.

69. Hans

December 27, 2014 at 2:04 am

Most of these are kids with divorced parents or parents who probably are actually pretty bad. You don’t know their stories, they could have legitimate reasons to not like their families. Their parents could be abusive, for example.

Some are actually bad of course, the one about the 5c, the ones complaining about faking being happy, and others, but a lot are out of context.

70. Rabbit

December 27, 2014 at 2:14 am

The majority of them don’t even sound spoiled. Most sound like they come from a broken/hostel household…and sometimes people can only find social media as their hub to vent, regardless if they are being rude or not. I legitimately think each of these tweets are being read in the wrong context…most are cheeky, some sound full of anger, and most ignorant. Barley none of them scream ‘Spoiled’.

As for pretending to like something because you didn’t want to hurt someones feelings IS NORMAL! I did that today when someone got me the wrong coffee!! Lol. It shouldn’t even matter that much to have it posted online, but you know what, that’s some peoples thing.

There might be maybe 1-3 tweets that are a little much, the ones about hating their family for NOT getting them something (and the drowning one..:S)…but i’m sure their own friends/family have judged them on that comment.

Regardless, of ALL the English speaking people that celebrate Christmas, to only have 17 tweets out of the MILLIONS of people who have twitter that are maybe kinda rude..i’d say Christmas morning was ruined for nobody. Certainly not for me. And defiantly has nothing to do with the entirety of America’s teenagers. LOL It’s just silly that people would take the time to even create such a stupid article, and its funnier that even more people will judge. Just read some of the comments that people have wrote. Hahah. I know I got a little intense with this, but some people legit take this TOO serious….

“Wait until their parents are no longer around to get them presents, and see how bitchy they are then… until they realize that life doesn’t care about them… At least my children and grandchildren appreciate their presents… ”

MAYBE THERE IS A FAMILY ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Calm down lol. It’s Christmas.

71. lifevirus1289

December 27, 2014 at 2:18 am

Some of these aren’t even bad, and a few don’t really even seem to be Christmas related.

72. Captainnurse

December 27, 2014 at 3:22 am

I agree that many of these little brats deserve nothing for their ungrateful attitudes. “Antibullyinglil” should be made to live on her own for a couple months with no allowance or help from the mother she wishes dead. Same thing for those who complained about not getting an iPod or for having gotten a “5c.” Disgusting.

For those complaining about Christmas in general… I can actually empathize. The pressure of the holidays can be overwhelming. It’s why this time of year sees so much suicide– divorced families trying to pretend everything is peachy or trying to outdo the other parent.

Perhaps we should all be more aware of those less fortunate than ourselves. These kids should be made to examine those who have no family to “hate,” or no gifts at all to return.

I wish we could go back to the days of being grateful for a small gift and happy to have a nice dinner. Alas…

Many of the others, though… Not

73. Godess Fourwinds

December 27, 2014 at 3:42 am

Oh! That’s right! Christmas was designed to make YOU feel special by giving you exactly what you want! Pardon me…

/eyeroll

74. Ajc

December 27, 2014 at 4:14 am

Aside from the generally crude language, I don’t think this is entirely new. I imagine that kids 30 years ago felt this way, but thankfully there was no twitter for them to vent. I hope that they too learn and grow and regret these sentiments.

75. Sylvia

December 27, 2014 at 4:41 am

There are, on average, 6000 tweets per second. So lots of teen grumbling to mine if your authorial intent is to compile the worst or most vulgar whines for an “ain’t it awful” story. Lighten up, DeadState.

76. Isaac

December 27, 2014 at 4:53 am

I don’t know who to blame more the parents or the bratty child. I tell you this much If I acted as ungrateful as most of those little children on their tweets my parents would have whipped my ass and returned everything they bought me. I wonder though did the parents of those kids discipline the kids at all growing up.

77. Teri Spencer Kelly

December 27, 2014 at 4:57 am

That is precisely why Christmas is held when it is. The timing has nothing to do with the birth of anyone. It is timed during the week of the Winter Solstice. It was a festival to raise the spirits of everyone and to reassure them that the sun was not going to die completely.

78. DeJai

December 27, 2014 at 6:06 am

79. Jen

December 27, 2014 at 7:20 am

My 5 year-old told me “I love everything I got for Christmas.” It totally made my day.

80. katie

December 27, 2014 at 7:22 am

the one that is named antibullying Mel wasnt actually mad because she did not get anything rather than the fact that she had to spend christmas by herself because her mother decided to spend christmas with her boyfriend and friends rather than with her only daughter.

81. Elizabeth

December 27, 2014 at 9:09 am

I think it is quite ordinary to have individual taste in clothes and merchandise. I also quit trying to guess what would please my kids long ago. Gift cards or cash have gotten good responses. Although Christmas should not be about gifts, face it– that’s what we as a collective consciousness have constructed. On the rare occasions I come across something I know they would like, I will get it for them, but usually want to get it right to them instead of holding on til December. We did not exchange gifts this year, as we were all traveling and we live across the country from each other. But we know we love each other. I don’t think these teens are horrible. They are disappointed and they see the absurdity of pretense. This is a lot of stress! The language is violent. I imagine they experience a lot of violence in the media if not the home or school. Doesn’t make it right to be ungrateful. But this speaks to a cultural participation in building unrealistic expectations, equating gifts with loving, and a mutual lack of respect between the givers and receivers. As in, I know better than you what you should be wearing, so rather than let you choose, I choose this. Then there is the building up of expectations of the perfect Christmas. It simply can’t be arranged without loving hearts. If you have loving hearts, the rest is just window dressing anyway.

82. Jessica

December 27, 2014 at 9:55 am

I have one word – DISGUSTING!!!!

83. Emily

December 27, 2014 at 1:01 pm

How you can you call each of these children “spoiled little brats”? How do you know that some of them are even getting any gifts at all? Newsflash you judgemental probably white, middle to higher class adults, not all parents are as generous or even as wealthy as you all seem to be. Most of these tweets (with the exception of some that I do actually see as ungrateful) are complaining more about their family life. The ones who are simply saying “f*** my parents” could potentially be in a horrible situation at home. You complain about how illiterate they all are, yet did it ever cross your mind that they may not have access to a decent education? Shame on you all for assuming each of these kids had wonderful gifts under the tree and is complaining for the fun of it. Not everyone is so fortunate.

84. alexandrek

December 27, 2014 at 3:15 pm

I know that i was a big teen jerk, it’s teh age, but i don’t believe i went as bad as calling my parents cavemen (why btw?) for receiving a 600$ mobile phone…

anyway, i close my tweeter account, it’s the land of trolls, haters, ranters, bulliers nd well, spoiled little brats

85. mike

December 27, 2014 at 3:24 pm

these children are not unhappy because they don’t have enough; they are unhappy because they have to much. Anytime a culture chooses materialism over forms of spirituality, this is what you get.

86. kj

December 27, 2014 at 3:31 pm

thumbs up to you

87. brad

December 27, 2014 at 3:35 pm

And for every single one I can find ten teens who raved about Christmas.

88. anonomyssy

December 27, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Yes, but then she said she didn’t get anything…she was left out.

89. Doña Lea-Johnson

December 27, 2014 at 3:38 pm

I am so glad the children in our family know how to appreciate things. I watch our friends little brats bitch and complain about everything. Kids like this are a prime example of how we parent with immediate gratification instead of teaching and being a real parent. Just give them a bunch of money and send them on their way. We really are a sad country.

90. anonomyssy

December 27, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Having been through teens I see this differently…I hear stress at having to spend Christmas with separated parents, not being able to choose what they wear (so HUGE for teens), having to spend Christmas with extended or step families, and stress over family discord…and a few spoiled brats…they grow out of this behavior…at least most do.

91. BobSac

December 27, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Just picked one of these at random (@awesomeavley). Pretty clearly a Canadian. Nice America-bashing, though.

92. anonomyssy

December 27, 2014 at 3:44 pm

Gift receipt…I’d rather they have something they like, and my money not be wasted…

93. Andrea Bjørnvig

December 27, 2014 at 3:49 pm

Not a way to respond with discontent though. Absolutely shitty way of going about it. Quit condoning them.

94. Gary Jordan

December 27, 2014 at 3:50 pm

There are people in the military who are just as worse.

95. rob

December 27, 2014 at 3:51 pm

SMALL minority..99% love their parents. .

96. colleen

December 27, 2014 at 3:51 pm

First off I would like to send everyone of these little brats to an English class. Next would be to suspend their twitter accounts. Then stop paying their cell phone bills and show them to quote kingcorp @yeahitsbrian how a poor caveman really lives.
    Let them live in the garage for a week without Internet access and cell phones.

97. Happy HoliDaves (@dhodgs)

December 27, 2014 at 3:53 pm

now just need to teach him the difference between “then” and “than”

98. Linda Aten

December 27, 2014 at 3:57 pm

We have limited the amount we spend in our family. No more than 50 dollars per gift. The extended family gives only to children another no more than 25 dollars. Great grandparent are no required to give anything but their presence. They have earned the right to be enjoyed for who they are. They get something from everyone. Birthdays are something else then we tend to give more, but the meaning of Christmas is giving in a different way.

99. sdfadfdf

December 27, 2014 at 4:06 pm

I suspect the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

100. Kim Kowalski

December 27, 2014 at 4:15 pm

This is absolutely correct, and it’s not just w/kids and Christmas, either. We have become a society of greedy and gluttonous consumers. Forget about keeping up with the Joneses; gotta one up the Joneses. People have mortgages they cannot afford, they lease cars that they can’t afford to buy, they need the biggest TV they can find (even if it’s junk quality), and buy into all the latest gadget hype. Pure insanity.

101. mlh

December 27, 2014 at 4:23 pm

At least she can haul her gifts back and forth. My ex very rarely allows his gifts to come to my house.

102. Tiffany

December 27, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Yeah but it is a pretty first world problem to complain about hauling ALL the gifts (that she was so fortunate to get ) back home.

103. Devin

December 27, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I sympathize with the first one. I hated opening gifts one at a time. It always felt like pressure to put on a show for everyone. Not saying I was ungrateful. I appreciated all the gifts. However, I was not a morning person and if I acted natural I would have looked bored and uninterested.

104. René Nash (@TransTerrific)

December 27, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I really don’t know what people expect you to do when you give them a gift they hate. “Thanks for getting me this thing I don’t want! I’ll treasure it always.” Giving gifts is about giving something that the person actually wants, not about receiving appreciation for whatever crap you picked up. It’s possible that your niece and nephew are brats; it’s also possible that didn’t bother getting them a gift they would actually want & got pissed that they didn’t pretend to love it because it’s from you.

105. Anon

December 27, 2014 at 5:00 pm

Parents, this is why you should spank your kids. So they don’t grow up to be like this.

106. Barb

December 27, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Really??? “They” put Christmas in the coldest,darkest time of year? THIS IS CHRISTMAS!!!!! The church decided over 1000 years ago that this is the time that the CHURCH will celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. This has nothing to do with you being forced to be jolly and get along with your family. Unbelievable.

107. Serena Gnapp

December 27, 2014 at 5:05 pm

if you really listen and read between the lines those kids are not unhappy about their presents those kids are unhappy about their family situations that’s why the presents are so important to them I think adults need to wake the f*** up I’m a teacher I’m 50 years old I work with these kids all the time and the truth is they’re all hurting really bad right now and most of America could give a f***

108. Serena Gnapp

December 27, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I’m a retired teacher and I’m reading between the lines these kids are not unhappy about Christmas presents these kids are unhappy about their families that’s what they’re really talking about the reason the presence mean so much to them is because our children’s think they giving them things as a sign of love what they want is love what they need his direction I think that they feel overwhelmed I think that they think if they buy things it makes them something they’re not its not their problem it’s our problems we put this problem on our youth we took away their music we took away their athletics we took away so much from them think about when you were a kid compared it now I feel sorry for these kids I feel sorry for families in America it’s definitely breaking down and you can see it in the anger and the fear and the sadness they’re just sad they need love all they’re asking for is a little guidance and a lotta lovewhat I heard in a lot of those replies is a lot of disappointment I think mom has dropped the ball I know I have in the past it can be hard being a mom its real hard being a dad but it can be really really hard being a kid these days

109. nutsinyomouth

December 27, 2014 at 5:15 pm

What do you mean some aren’t bad? Every single one of these are bad. These kids need their ass beat.

110. René Nash (@TransTerrific)

December 27, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Some of these aren’t that bad. And a couple of them aren’t even bratty– complaining that your family fighting on Christmas is ruining Christmas isn’t bratty. Neither is complaining about your family being shitty; I’m sorry, but there is just so long that I can tolerate a room full of loud drunk racist homophobes before I spout off about them on Twitter or spike my eggnog (or both).

For sure, complaining you got a 5c is entitled as hell. So is complaining that your parents gave you a mp3 player that wasn’t an iPod. And complaining you didn’t get a jacket from some boutique. But most of these aren’t that. I just wasn’t that bothered by a lot of these. Though if you do think these are bratty and entitled, how do think they got that way? Teens and kids don’t just wake up entitled brats; they’re raised into that. They’re going to need to unlearn that, but I don’t feel particularity sorry that people who likely instilled that entitled attitude now have to contend with it.

111. Lee Bee

December 27, 2014 at 5:29 pm

And that’s why she has the children she has. You reap what you sow… if she hadn’t spoiled them from day 1, they wouldn’t be spoiled, self-entitled brats now!

112. Jennifer Garbutt Winahradsky

December 27, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Too true!

113. Sean Stevens

December 27, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Agreed the only 1 among those selfish brats that had any sense we may have different views but i think they all need an ass whooping

114. John Gray

December 27, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Welcome to the real world of teenagers. Are you all really surprised? Try teaching these elitist for a few years. No work ethic, unappreciating, spoiled brats. Thankfully not all and not even a majority but there are several each year.

115. Lolita Swift

December 27, 2014 at 5:49 pm

I wonder what these “drama kids” got for others? Did they think about their parents, siblings or other relatives?

116. John Gray

December 27, 2014 at 5:50 pm

The language alone is offensive in most. Wanting to kill your parents because you received the WRONG gift? Give me a break.

117. John Gray

December 27, 2014 at 5:55 pm

How about we take them on a trip for Christmas to a third World country like Guatemala and let them see how the poorest of the poor celebrate Christmas in small town in the highlands like ChiChicastenango where they would be lucky to have anything to eat on Christmas day let alone get a gift they did not like.

118. Mike

December 27, 2014 at 6:11 pm

It’s not the media that created it, our country’s economy is Capitalist based. Meaning we thrive off the buying and selling of goods. Fundamentally we the people have all the power and dictate how our country runs from media to government.

119. David Linthorne

December 27, 2014 at 6:14 pm

Angry Dave couldn’t be more correct. We have to remember the children we raise are extensions of ourselves. We may like to think “ah they’ll grow out of it.” The problem is, this is the most important time of instilling proper values. These people will be guiding our systems, programs, and infrastructure someday.

120. kat Hague

December 27, 2014 at 6:16 pm

how about putting the blame where it belongs. On the parent for raising horrible human beings.

121. alexander

December 27, 2014 at 6:21 pm

what happened to its the thought that counts theres times parents get alot of things messed up like thinking an ipod is a brand new form of an mp3. because the parents think an ipod is a more expensive version of an mp3. so they got an mp3 thats cheaper then the ipod and that was well in there budget

122. TRM1938

December 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm

I Hate my family too. I’m an adult and I’m harassed until I agree to go to my Mom & Dad’s house on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day each and every year. They take my holidays away from me. I’m trying to have my own life and they keep destroying everything that I try to do… relationships, jobs, etc. I move away and they do everything possible to destroy my new job, until I’m forced to move back. I buy everyone nice gifts and I get NOTHING in return, nothing at all. To HELL with them all.

123. joe

December 27, 2014 at 6:45 pm

124. 0026q

December 27, 2014 at 6:58 pm

TRM1938 ^ is an example of what these spoiled children will look like as adults. If you are now a grown adult and hate it that much, don’t go. You are free to make your own choices instead of talking shit about your parents on the internet. That’s pathetic. And as an adult, you should not expect gifts- Christmas has always been primarily about spending quality time with family, and more about gifts for children and lovers, not overgrown babies. There are people out there who would kill to have family. Instead you are bashing yours online. Take ownership of your life- kindly decline instead of being an asshole.

125. Stephanie Hannan

December 27, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Disown them. I was in tears every holiday, birthday, family event etc. Just because you are blood does not excuse poor behavior. When I realized if my friends treated me like this they would no longer be my friends it was amazing. Bye bye family….the last 20 years have been wonderful. Dont waste time and energy hating anyone. Just flip the switch and move on. Its not that hard really

126. Jade

December 27, 2014 at 7:36 pm

Empathize*

127. daniel jones

December 27, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I can relate to KarlaCabooty

128. Rosemary

December 27, 2014 at 7:46 pm

I wonder how much reality TV these brats watch. Real Housewives came from somewhere.

129. Priscilla Green

December 27, 2014 at 8:05 pm

The fault here lays with the fact we have been teaching our children the ways of bias,bigotry,and hate Unfortunately the goodies of cruelity selfishness, greed help themselves to a way into the heart and so it goes.Our children are being brought up without realistic morals,and profound principles. We have certain holidays which need to be a part of our daily lives, such as Christmas, which s NOT about GIFTS, but about PEACE, HONOR, LOVE, and RESPECT. Somehow man has lazily forgotten how to plant the seeds of virtue. Man seems to feel money can buy anything, but there are somethings money just can’t buy, and we need to teach our children the values of unconditional love.

130. Kate Clarke

December 27, 2014 at 8:34 pm

You’re just like me Don. I despised ungratefulness. You dis the right thing

131. Elizabeth McFarland

December 27, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Perhaps it’s time to get back to what Christmas is all about! Instead of trying to gratifying these ungrateful children of today, why not take the money that would be spent on them for the holiday and donate it for the good of people who need it! Pretty bad when kids complain that they have “too much”!

132. Claire Williams

December 27, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Come to the southern hemisphere, it’s, hot, not dark and the kids can go swimming! We had 30 deg centigrade yesterday (Christchurch, New Zealand)

133. raymond lambie

December 27, 2014 at 8:57 pm

I agree with you, I have just spent a week with My sister and her husband and three kids, they all eat together, often socialise with each other, and the manners they have towards each other is admirable, this behavior, doesnt fall from a tree, it is taught by example. The Boys are now 26, and the girl is 23.

134. Elizabeth McFarland

December 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm

Correct! Parents create tese monsters, and have no one to blame but themselves! Unfortunately, this last generation of parents has been more interested in being their children’s “friend” than a decent parent. It will all come back at them in the end! A form of sparing the rod!

135. khsdkjn

December 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm

There is aways the good ol” vasectomy

136. Ross

December 27, 2014 at 9:00 pm

The fact your Christmas can be ruined through what others are posting on Twitter that you are following says more about you as an “adult” rather than about teenagers happening to act like how teenagers have always been

Shut up

137. Claire

December 27, 2014 at 9:06 pm

Come to the southern hemisphere, it’s hot here! We had 30degC yesterday! it’s a shame these kids parents have allowed the attitudes to develop over time, they don’t just think this way over night

138. kev

December 27, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Most of these kids need a good smack! I mean really? Wtf do you expect from a bunch of spoiled brats on twitter? The fact that they even use twitter shows how spoiled they are. I don’t care about any possibly valid point you could make a kid under 18 doesn’t need a smartphone let alone access to Facebook or Twitter. It just propagates the need to feel good having the newest and shiniest things. All the negative things this generation faces stems from the fact that kids have access to certain technologies all the time. Kids these days need to see what it used to be like. Remember dial up? Pagers? If you needed to make a call you found a pay phone . Wanted to text someone? You wrote a letter and waited a week for a response. Technology is making this generation severely dependant upon instant gratification and it’s sad…

139. Don Boyd

December 27, 2014 at 9:31 pm

“Oh, you don’t like your present that I worked three days to get the money for? I’m soooo sorry! Here, sweetie – come in the kitchen and let me fix you a nice hot cup of shutthef*ckup!”

140. Chris R

December 27, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Lololol thank you

141. L

December 27, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Only one person among all of them has any right to complain.
    Christmas legitimately sucks when your parents are yelling at each other, and half your family hates the other half.

142. Meredith Daniels

December 27, 2014 at 10:53 pm

This article makes a lot of these posts sound way worse than they were probably meant to. Don’t act like you haven’t ALL had to pretend to like something someone gave you at some point. If a starving person doesn’t like pickles but you gave them a sandwich with pickles on it and they ate it anyway, does that make them ungrateful for not liking pickles? No, it just means they don’t like pickles. Accepting what you’re given anyway because someone did something nice for you sounds pretty unspoiled to me.

Yes some of these did sound extremely ungrateful and bratty. And yes are a lot of spoiled people in the world but damn it’s not just America and it’s not just young people.

Some people will look for any minuscule reason to hate on other generations.

143. whitetrash

December 27, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Teenagers from other countries also have twitter and are also spoiled and selfish. How do you know these people are even American?

144. John Dayberry

December 27, 2014 at 10:59 pm

My son got exactly what he wanted: my old JVC deck I took out for a newer Kenwood KDC-258U deck. Wrapped the JVC in the Kenwood box then wrapped up in Christmas gift wrap.

He spent Christmas with his brother over in Tacoma helping him put an alternator in his car. That’s the Christmas spirit for sure!

After he got home the next day, he texted me and said Thanks dad for the new JVC deck. Yes, he said new, not used or old but new. A very thankful son. I wish I had more to give him but even my old JVC deck was graciously accepted by him. What a joy! I’m proud of my son!

145. Tim

December 27, 2014 at 11:40 pm

The only people who complain about spoiled kids are the shitty parents who raise them. If your kid sucks, do some research in child development. Make an effort to find out how to help your child and make up for the shit job you did in the past.

146. Julia Heatpn

December 28, 2014 at 12:38 am

It appears that the reason for celebrating Christmas is lost on these kids. When they think of Christmas as a reason to receive a gift instead of celebrating the birth of Jesus, you know that they have not been educated about their culture let alone have a Christian upbringing. Remember…we’re celebrating CHRIST MASS here not Snowball Gift Extravaganza!

147. Debra Obinna

December 28, 2014 at 12:51 am

Good for you! I did the same to all of them as well.

148. Debra Obinna

December 28, 2014 at 12:52 am

A very evil child it seems!

149. Grant

December 28, 2014 at 12:53 am

I don’t see how the last guy ruined Christmas.

150. Acci

December 28, 2014 at 1:25 am

Ignore them! If you live far away, then simply don’t drive/fly out. Let them call, email, whine and threaten. Celebrate e holidays the way YOU want to. No one deserves a toxic experience like that,and just because they’re family doesn’t mean you have to put up with abuse.

151. boz

December 28, 2014 at 1:40 am

My younger sister, her beau, my husband and myself have decided that we are no longer buying Christmas gifts for one another. Instead each Thanksgiving weekend we will all split the cost of a San Jose Sharks game.
    Experiences beat material goods hands down.
    If I see something any time during the course of the year and I think, “OMG, they will just LOVE that!” I will buy it and call it a Forthehellofit gift.

152. Bri

December 28, 2014 at 1:48 am

Some of you need to rethink what you say on these comments. Yea some are these are bad but some ARE NOT. Basically calling ALL of them brats is very unfair. Some do deserve it.
    One of my boyfriends post is on here. So therefore he is a brat because he wants to return clothes he CAN NOT fit. What will he even do with them? Let’s rethink what we post here.

153. Karpew

December 28, 2014 at 2:46 am

Nah. I thought so too, at first. When reread, he is the subject there (because god forbid he use punctuation) and (he’s) thinking ’bout taking her christmas present back. Not her.

154. Karpew

December 28, 2014 at 2:54 am

He’s a brat if he’s complaining about the fact that he has to return them. If the act of making a return is sooooooo damn difficult, may I suggest that he donate them instead?

155. Amanda Lea

December 28, 2014 at 3:55 am

My 5 year old whined about wanting a new toy at the store. He got in trouble & an early ticket to bed for being ungrateful. Parents need to do something when their children are young…if my kids ever did anything like this it would be the last time that they ever got gifts!

156. Bitchcraft

December 28, 2014 at 4:08 am

Hate to break it to ya jules, but Jesus was born in spring. Christmas is a commercial holiday as much as valentines day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, I mean Santa Claus is owned by coca cola ffs

157. Edward Zingraff

December 28, 2014 at 4:47 am

Stimmt.

158. Rebecca Ahrens

December 28, 2014 at 5:23 am

Tay isn’t so bad I bet it is a pain to lug a bunch back and forth.

Madeline and the one under her,I see nothing about gifts so maybe it really is a very bad family situation.
    Fighting family can really mess up Christmas I can see venting about it.

The last guy said it all wrong but he has a good point.

159. Gabriella

December 28, 2014 at 5:23 am

What bothers me most is the fact that not all American teenagers are like this. Yes a few, but most aren’t. A lot of us teenagers are thankful for what we have.

160. Xhélan Sylve

December 28, 2014 at 6:04 am

These are the most pathetic, unappreciative, sardonic group of ingrates that I have ever come across. First off they can’t capitalize, they can’t use commas correctly, and secondly, how dare they complain about being showered with clothes and gifts! Some kids in the world who celebrate Christmas don’t get anything but a loving family to wake up to, and that to them is all they really need. You people have no business complaining about your “miserable and pathetic lives” when you have what 75% of the world would dream for! Not all of these kids are bratty, but the ones that are, with the attitudes you have now, you will manage to alienate everybody else in your life, and that means that you are the only one left to comfort yourself and live yourself. Is that what you want? Be grateful for what you have because some kids and some adults don’t have 5% of what you do.

161. shayforthought

December 28, 2014 at 6:25 am

I looked up some of these accounts & they appear to be fake.. Meaning they appear to be young teenage girls but it’s actually creepy perverted men pretending to be them..

162. bouzasg

December 28, 2014 at 7:48 am

We aren’t a sad country because of teenagers. Every child complains. Even yours. Just not to you. But you don’t know how their family is when they are alone or how they parent. My parents weren’t the best, weren’t really there And still aren’t and I’m a teenager. Im a perfect example of how you’re wrong. Sure a little punishment can do a child good. But it won’t make them change. Trust me.

163. TRM1938

December 28, 2014 at 9:00 am

And then what is he supposed to do for clothes? Not everyone has an endless supply of cash like you.

164. TRM1938

December 28, 2014 at 9:03 am

It is funny that you’re complaining about the bad punctuation and grammar of others. Why not take a look at your comment? Count all of your mistakes. I started to do just that but there are so many!

165. TRM1938

December 28, 2014 at 9:06 am

I haven’t read all of those, but one of the really pathetic ones is by some asshole complaining about getting an iPhone 5c. That loser needs to get a job and pay his own phone bill.

166. John

December 28, 2014 at 10:27 am

I say screw all those teenagers I spent more than half my life with out parents they both died early in life, you should learn to appreciate the all stuff they give you, because it could be your last! Sounds like they should have all got a case of whoop ass for Christmas!

167. laurie Michelson

December 28, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Sadly they all seem to be troubled homes. Still no excuse but if I read this stuff, as I can because I follow n am friends w my daughter online this WOULD be a sitdown.

168. Jeanne Ballou

December 28, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Wow, I have no idea what a “5c” even is, and only a vague notion of what an “iPad” might be (some type of small computer?), and only a vague notion that an “MP3” is a gadget to play games on. Maybe. Managed to get through 66 years of life so far without any of those things. I must be a poor caveperson & just learning this now. What would us old folks ever do without young ‘uns to educate us?

169. rav

December 28, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Its all just a bunch of silly nonsense. Some of it is actually just pure honesty. Any normal might say especially on social media where we speak our minds. Some of it osnt even that bad anyways. Some just made up stuff to be funny

170. David Kyles

December 28, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Indeed, I thought the same thing once I began reading the comments. At least concerning the pretend joy. That’s a human issue, not an American one. I went through the same thing, and told my mom eventually that it is hard to over-react when all of her gifts are so great, and it gets tiresome. I always love her gifts, but at some point I had to allow myself to grow up a bit and smile instead of jump around in delight. These kids in the beginning are just venting the same sentiment. they’ll get past it in their own way, but they are not spoiled.

Now, some others here…lol

171. David Kyles

December 28, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I was born December 26th, but one year celebrated it in October so I could have a party. Julia said it was a celebration of Christ’s birth, which surely did not demand a debate on the politics of whether he was born in spring or whether the Pagans were baited by Christmas and other holidays to more easily submit to Christianity.

None of that matters. She is saying that at this time, on this day, she memorializes and celebrates the fact that Jesus was born at all, because she chooses to. That doesn’t mean it is the same for everyone, I agree, but it certainly does no consumer any good to kill themselves over Christmas shopping stress.

172. Any

December 28, 2014 at 5:49 pm

“because there’s no such thing as discipline anymore.”

Yeah, that falls on the parents. If they’re too concerned what others think to discipline their kids, they’re being bad parents. As got for the DCF, they shouldn’t be a problem I’d you’re disciplining your child, not abusing them

173. Valeria

December 28, 2014 at 5:55 pm

Just like they earned the right when you chose to give birth to them?

174. dolomite

December 28, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Steep slope between discipline and abuse.. You can do one of the two without striking the attention of a DCF worker, if you can’t you’re doing it wrong, in which case pick up a book on child development and do some reading. There’s no easy way out of child now that were no longer living in the 50’s.

175. shaggy

December 29, 2014 at 3:28 am

First, all of your statistics are off. After that not all of the above mentioned are as you say. A loving family is worth more than anything, so a family fight can ruin Christmas. We don’t know the context these posts were all written. There is no reason to judge. The ones that are what is mentioned above is the result of parents not disciplining the child from a young age.

176. Charlie

December 29, 2014 at 7:46 am

What’s really sad is that Twitter exists, and people place value on anything that is posted on it.

177. Boffant

December 29, 2014 at 11:15 am

so are they wrong for saying it or thinking it, because i didn’t haven twitter when i was still getting presents on Christmas, and i thought similarly about getting clothes i don’t like and sparing feelings. Doesn’t make me a bad person, nor did I ruin Christmas.
    I’m not religious so it’s not about “celebrating Jesus” and it never has been. I didn’t ask to be a part of this commercial holiday, it’s simply tradition. I sort of hate when people imply that privilege needs to mean gratitude unconditionally. Articles like this are akin to people who chastise others for not eating all the food on their plate because there are starving kids in Africa.
    Eyerolls for days. Relax.

178. Sandra

December 29, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Hate to break it to YOU ‘bitchcraft’ but Jesus was born in Septemer sometime, not spring. Also while Christmas may be commercialised now it does not mean it is a commercial holiday. Valentines day is also the same, it originated with the Saint Valentino. Christmas is to do with the celebration of Christ’s birth. Coca cola don’t ‘own’ Santa clause either. Father Christmas is actually a German tradition, he was also originally green but it was coca cola who turned him red. So before you go patronising others and being rude perhaps you get your facts right first.

179. Desiré Comely

December 29, 2014 at 4:04 pm

It is pretty much expected that everyone celebrates Christmas (even if they don’t). Because of that for a lot of people who are not Christian, it has nothing to do with Jesus. It is mostly commercial and I find it is that way for most people. I suppose that is the price Christian’s paid for forcing it on others…

180. Karen

December 29, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I think the bigger issue here is that we forget that what we post online will live forever. So, when I was a teenager and got a bunch of ugly clothes from my mother and had to return them all, I told my mom I didn’t care for the clothes we went out return them and the story. Now, it gets posted for the world to see and you never can live that down. Yes some of our little brothers and sisters have bad attitudes, and I’m sure that we would like to tell them that they have bad attitudes, but when you post it online its not you having a conversation with your sibling, but instead you having that conversation with the world to see forever more. I think really we need to look at how we utilize social media and consider that those comments with forever more. I personally thought some of the comments indicated a lack of graciousness, however some of them just made me sad for the poster.

181. Bri

December 29, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Yes he can also donate them but parents can be difficult with these situations with christmas presents. Many many parents really perfer you to exchange them then donate them. Yes that’s sad but it’s the parents money and if they perfer you to exchange then you can also do that too. It won’t hurt to even exchange in my opinion because I do actually donate clothes on the daily because I have a closet full of unwanted things. It’s just different on Christmas really.

182. Alan Cummings

December 29, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Are these little bastards for real?!!! My God, these shits should know what suffering and being deprived is. So they didn’t get the 500 dollar PS4 or and new several hundred dollar IPHONE. I was thrilled with the presents I got for Christmas. At least these piece of crap got presents.

183. Anonymous One

December 31, 2014 at 1:08 pm

I got nothing for Christmas, and I got to spend it all by myself, because I live an ocean away from my family.

184. Gonzo

January 2, 2015 at 3:14 pm

By the atrociously bad grammar. Europeans teach their kids how to use proper language skills.

185. Susannah

January 7, 2015 at 1:41 am

Translation: “I completely forgot what being a teenager is like so I’m just going to trash talk them for something I most likely did at their age, too.”

186. Nanci Strauss

January 11, 2015 at 8:55 pm

Dear above mentioned teenagers, perhaps your parents should teach you the real meaning of Christmas, not buy you presents, but have you go out and do community service and help those who consider a tube of toothpaste an amazing gift. Trust me, if you were my children.. that is what your Christmas would look like after those tweets!

187. Helen

January 15, 2015 at 7:21 am

Let these spoilt brats help the really poor in their community. Better still send them to boot camp where they would be disciplined and make them appreciated and like them selves better. They are so miserable. Instead of appreciating what they don’t have but what they do have – a roof over their heads, food, shelter and people who love them Helen

188. Helen

January 15, 2015 at 7:26 am

A couple of years ago a mother cancelled Xmas because her kids wouldn’t behave. No Xmas that year. Next year they behaved themselves. Where did this happen – Australia. Helen

189. Smexy sadie

January 25, 2015 at 11:50 am

That speaks volumes and pretty much says what I thought teenagers think……

190. Smexy sadie

January 25, 2015 at 11:53 am

Amen

191. Dean in NJ

January 25, 2015 at 10:05 pm

It’s a non-story, as so many of these links are. But you tapped or clicked the link, the ads got seen, their work is done.

192. amythedumbcunt

January 27, 2015 at 5:06 am

What’s especially difficult to understand is why the tweet from that “bruh” person was included. Considering that it doesn’t tell us what her family was fighting about, she could have completely justifiable reasons to hate Christmas. I certainly wouldn’t like it if all I had to look forward to was my family members fighting with each other. Sure, she could be complaining about nothing, but this article gives us no way to know that.

193. Ana

January 30, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Really? You are going to defend a kid who said she wished her mother drowns?

The least you can do is shut up when someone call them out on their ugliness and arrogance in a civilized way.
    Its because of people like you that our country has become one big police state. We don’t discipline our kids when they are young and we have to rely on the police and authorities for the most idiotic reasons.

I tell my son about kids who are starving on the streets and remind him how lucky he is that he can eat anything he wants. I tell him stories about how there was no electricity once upon a time and there are places in the world that still don’t have running water and electricity. I tell him about how I used to do my research without the internet in the 80s so that he can appreciate internet instead of abusing it.

No! I am not guilt-tripping him . Unless your kids are type A angels who learn on their own, a responsible adult has to engage them and teach them good manners.

My parents did that to me and it worked wonders. I grew out of my teen angst bullshit before I knew it.

194. Josh

February 4, 2015 at 1:49 pm

She sounds like a deluded bitch who chose to flex her authority instead of actually dealing with her children’s issues. They’ll grow up proud and confused :/

195. Carol Parker

February 17, 2015 at 2:57 am

They’re teenagers, is this unusual to anyone? Who cares, this is as relevant as ‘celebrity” news

196. Hello.

February 25, 2015 at 11:07 am

wow…. Ok well, i know this is normal teenage behavior, cause when they hit reality one day and their kids do the same they will regret it and won’t be able to take back what they said. But I honestly feel like they are terrible selfish brats. The last time i got presents of any sort was when I was 15. Not even my bday or Christmas happens. But i don’t care, because God has given me so much already, it’s like I’m over flowing with God’s blessings. Even if it’s not much, it’s still something and God is great.

197. gnattymcfly

March 24, 2015 at 12:24 am

U wot m8?

198. Judy Riley

April 16, 2015 at 4:41 pm

yes, they are spoiled and selfish and rude and arrogant.

199. Judy Riley

April 16, 2015 at 5:03 pm

boot camps for teenagers are bad places, rape, beatings, death occur regularly.

200. Jae

April 17, 2015 at 4:32 pm

Maybe I shouldn’t be, but I am amused by the fact that the girl who wished her mom would die because she is jealous of the gifts she got for Christmas calls herself Antibullying Mel.

201. Zoe

May 14, 2015 at 12:55 am

Loads of people complain about kids, and it’s generally it’s the ‘perfect parents’ who DON’T HAVE KIDS who complain the loudest. We’re all great parents until we have real, actual, kids.

202. tattoohero

May 24, 2015 at 8:33 pm

They are being taught about Christmas. Christmas in America is about spending 1000’s on toys they, themselves, don’t need nor their kids.

Credit card debt in January is why for some restaurants their sales are down. They start to pick back up for St. Valentine’s Day.

203. george

June 11, 2015 at 2:07 am

Try this on for size, this is not always about being ungrateful brats, it is about being hurt. When your parents take the time to buy what your brothers and sisters want and don’t buy a single thing that you want, that is hurtful, not being ungrateful. If you cannot afford to lavish your kids with gifts, then discuss it with them before hand. Mine could and every year they bought what I wanted and gave it to someone else. How do you think it feels to have 5 other kids get everything they wanted and you got nothing that you wanted? It hurts. One year I got some cool toys that did not work so they were going to take them back, but they did not exchange them. They just took them back and I got nothing, while everyone else did. Buy all your kids the same things or take the god damn time to find out what they want. Buying them things they do not want says; I do not care about you, I do not want you. Taking the time to understand a person and buy them something that they really like speaks volumes, it is a great way to say how much they mean to you by doing that simple thing. When you do it for some and not the others, it is hurtful. It also makes you shitty parents, because as parents you do not get to have favorites.

204. jamie

November 7, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Please, Christmas is just an excuse made up by people to get extra presents, and seriously, if you think their spoiled, you’ve probably been in a hole the last ten years.

205. jamie

November 7, 2015 at 2:15 pm

And another thing is that religion is just a way to control people.

206. Michelle

November 29, 2015 at 9:05 am

Totally disagree. It’s disgusting, this sense of entitlement that you are owed presents and getting exactly what you want. Pathetic. I’ve been a kid and I’ve been a parent (and am) and thank god we don’t have people like this in our family. Gross.

207. anirbez

December 4, 2015 at 2:41 pm

208. Raw

December 6, 2015 at 6:55 pm

Over 7 billion people on this planet and you can never find 2 people who are the same yet there are people who think genders, classes, races and generations of people act and think the same. Grow up. It isn’t as simple as “all parents are wrong” or “all kids are wrong”. Some parents are wrong and some kids are wrong. It depends specifically on the situation.

209. Nadia

December 7, 2015 at 7:42 pm

Perhaps some of these are ungrateful and perhaps some of these are blatantly fake twitter accounts. All that really matters is that I’m glad I had my adblock on for this fake news site. #Dontfeedwhatproffitsbymakingyouhate

210. Baeraad

December 25, 2015 at 10:37 am

See, a lot of these make sense to me. But then, I was never much of a Christmas person. At the coldest and darkest part of the year, it’s really a terrible idea to drag us off to spend time with our families and try to pretend we’re jolly. Getting along with family can be difficult at the best of times! 😛

211. David Reed

December 25, 2015 at 9:59 pm

One could say the same about Christmas its 95% misery and disappointment. Better people connect with family and give/receive a gift when and if they feel like it – not when forced by the calendar.

212. MichelleSk

December 26, 2015 at 4:36 am

For weeks on end, our media bombards the airwaves with consumerism “get the perfect present… get lots of present… etc.” Parents park their children on Santa’s lap for a photo-op and think it is cute to have the kid rattle off everything they want with the idea that they will get it because it is Santa. Then the kids get older and find out that the person playing this game was their parents, and society, which means that their parents, and society, were Santa – so cough it up, because that’s what Santa does. You reap what you sow.

213. ACon

December 26, 2015 at 5:08 am

Part of the problem might be that some are bitching about what they got but would also bitch if they didn’t get anything. You can have a feeling without putting it out in the world for all (possibly the person who got you the gift) to see. Open it, say thank you, and take care of it later.

214. Joe Heffel

December 26, 2015 at 5:12 am

These kids are endemic of the times in which we live. Nobody thinks private thoughts anymore, they just tweet them.

215. ACon

December 26, 2015 at 5:15 am

I’m am truly sorry that buying you presents was the only way you felt love during your childhood. I didn’t know how much money we had but I knew she loved me regardless of what I got for christmas.

216. Denise

December 26, 2015 at 5:36 am

I think most young people have always had bad gifts or been with family that they do not particularly like. The problem is when I was young I would tell some close friends. When you put on Facebook for everyone to see, that is like telling everyone at Christmas what you think. If you wouldn’t tell them to their face, don’t Facebook it

217. Lindsay Sparks

December 26, 2015 at 5:51 am

The amount of arguments and negative comments on this article about how laughably negative people can be is astounding.
    News flash: You can disagree with someone online without using the opportunity to prove how intelligent you are

218. Ziggy75

December 26, 2015 at 6:18 am

Even worse than the comments (which are pretty outrageous), is the appallingly BAD grammar and the sheer meanness!

219. Bethany

December 26, 2015 at 7:13 am

What’s worse…the article, the content, or trolling Twitter for the tweets? sad comment on society itself. What have we created? #hashtagblues

220. Dawn Davis

December 26, 2015 at 7:17 am

The people making hysterical condemnations about the awfulness of the comments must never have met any teenagers in real life or ever been a teen themselves if they think some bitter adolescent griping on the internet signifies the Downfall of our Once Great Nation.

221. James Quinn

December 26, 2015 at 7:22 am

I liked the one where the teen correctly points out the comment about putting food in one’s belong and clothes on one’s back is foolish for a parent to make.

Wasn’t’ that part of the known contract agreement that parent excepts upon deciding to be come a parent?

Mom “I carried you for 9 months” Me “You mean you did not know that was part of the deal!?!”

Paga jim

222. Shelley Adrienne Mimi Belsky

December 26, 2015 at 8:17 am

What’s yer problem? I got no gifts from my parents when they were alive.Wanted something? Worked for it and got it myself.

223. Romona

December 26, 2015 at 8:45 am

Good cure give them peanut ,nuts and candy . If they fuss about it you eat it . They don’t deserve anything . The way they talk they are spoiled brats .

224. George Foreman

December 26, 2015 at 9:10 am

Honestly it seems like some of these kids are just having a bad day with broken families, and if you haven’t been there, you can’t imagine how hard it is to act happy on this day when it feels like everything is breaking around you. Yes some of these people are just being rude, but some of these people may just be going through a rough time.

225. nRG

December 26, 2015 at 9:48 am

Christmas wasn’t ruined because Twitter and related tweets are optional. I think these kids are saying thing publicly most of use said to our friends/diary/ self at that age. Finally, I’m still pretending to like weird gifts and annoying family for the holidays and it sucks. Can’t blame teens for blowing off steam.

226. Barb Lavell

December 26, 2015 at 10:02 am

The parents aren’t usually the ones complaining, they ignore their bad behavior. It’s others who have to watch them throw their tantrums and are appalled by their spoiled, selfish behavior. Children have to be taught to behave, it doesn’t happen by accident. Luckily for me I observed all of my grandchildren on their best behavior this Xmas.

227. CantWeAllGetAlong

December 26, 2015 at 10:13 am

Yes, well, some kids DO grow up in families where there’s constant fighting. Some kids DO receive whatever cheap gifts their parents feel like giving them, and no one listens to what they really like or need. Some kids DO grow up with dysfunctional, narcissistic parents so wrapped up in their own issues that they can’t even see their children as separate individuals with needs and desires of their own. Some kids DO have to practice smiling and saying “thank you!” on Christmas, knowing that none of the packages will ever contain something they really want. Some parents ARE so hateful that when their child asks for a specific thing, they’ll deliberately get something else. So yes, SOME of these comments sound like kids who are ungrateful, spoiled wretches, but I can read darker stories behind some of the others. Not everyone gets a Hallmark Christmas Special family. People lucky enough to have loving families often don’t understand how anyone could tweet such things about their parents (“OMG, she’s your MOTHER, how can you SAY such things???”), but people who have grown up with it, maybe who found the healthiest thing for them was to walk away as soon as they were adults and never look back, read these and nod, thinking, “Yeah, I feel you.”

228. CantWeAllGetAlong

December 26, 2015 at 10:21 am

Sounds like you grew up as the designated scapegoat or “invisible child” in a family of narcissistic parents. I know what you mean. My family wasn’t quite that bad, but I remember paging through the Sears catalog to make out long lists of things I’d like for Christmas and not receiving one single thing from my list. Oh, I got presents, but nothing that I actually wanted. I wanted science kits. I got craft kits. I wanted a chemistry set. I got a doll’s tea set. Growing up in a family where my wants never, ever seemed to matter and where I could be punished for expressing my own tastes did not serve me well as an adult. It’s taken me years to learn to ask for what I really want, and to take good care of myself.

229. Barbara Prodger

December 26, 2015 at 11:02 am

No, I think it is as bad as it seems, we have nothing but a bunch of entitled selfish little assholes. Come one, I hope my mom drowns? Really? It’s just a symptom of a larger problem.

230. Jon

December 26, 2015 at 12:04 pm

My friends 13 yo daughter got a 25$ Google play gift card from her grandparents on christmas eve. She tossed a TOTAL fit because she has an iphone and literally threw the gift card away. I took the gift card out of the trash and gave it to her brother, also an iphone user, installed Google Play on his phone and showed the 13 yo how he now had $50 in google play credit. It resulted in a bigger fit from the daughter but huge laughs from the family, and her retreating to the bedroom for the rest of the night to nearly everyones relief.

231. David

December 26, 2015 at 12:27 pm

When I was a child, my parents would have a big fight while we were unwrapping presents, then a big fight as we drove to the relatives, then spend the time at the relative’s house making nasty comments at each other while being sickeningly sweet to everyone else. I hated it and if social media had been around I probably would have written a similar tweet.

I’m almost 60 now, but I can remember my angsty teenage self – I am just happy there wasn’t you tube and twitter and facebook when I was young.

232. jam

December 26, 2015 at 1:09 pm

Painfully, embarrassingly true.

233. Brodie LeBlanc

December 26, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Christmas was ruined because some teens are spoiled? Wow. That’s giving them a lot of power. Also, why are we acting like spoiled and entitled teenagers are some new thing? There have ALWAYS been entitled and selfish people. It’s not that it’s more prevalent now, it’s just that social media makes it more obvious because it’s always in your face. I’d like to see how many teens made appreciative tweets and compare the numbers. But our culture is so obsessed with filtering out the positives and focusing on the negatives that we’d never allow for such things.

234. Greg Tyler

December 26, 2015 at 3:10 pm

There is no defense for rotten attitude, and spoiled behavior

235. Adam

December 26, 2015 at 3:12 pm

Yup he was born then and most people ignore the obvious the whole exchanging gifts on Xmas has been going on a long time and will always be that way so people need to stop with the excuses

236. Martin

December 26, 2015 at 3:41 pm

Guess what:

In every generation there are ungrateful children that act like they didn’t get what they want. This is not specifically worse with this generation. The only reason it seems that way is because we’re all so exposed to each others’ bull shit. If we were all half as connected as we are now, all of those missed examples would have made you feel the same way then as you feel now.

Ingrate, spoiled, complaint; these words and more were not invented for the newest generation, so they sure don’t better describe them. They describe all of us imperfect jerks through the ages, even the people who are so self-righteous that they think these words do not.

237. amyhpeterson

December 26, 2015 at 3:52 pm

I do want to know the backstory of that girl not getting any presents from her mother, whose boyfriend is apparently well off even if they’re not.

238. KK

December 26, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Right! Sardonic means bitterly sarcastic, I see very little of that in these posts lol.

239. Julie Kuenster

December 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm

There are no words to say how i feel when i read these letters nothing i can say or do could or would ever make a difference to these kids there most likely reading the replies and laughing the fool heads off all i can say is not all teenagers are like thees idiots

240. Itsallabout me

December 26, 2015 at 6:34 pm

Hey, first they’re teenagers. I think those of us so upset would have done the same thing if we had social media growing up. 2. Most of these kids evidently do just what you seem to want them to, suck it up and smile, then they vent on Twitter. 3. The cook has to own it went meal goes bad, i.e. They are just what their parents raised.

241. Bec

December 27, 2015 at 1:01 pm

Leave home…pay for everything yourself. ..no appreciation required. …..yes we all felt those things we just were kind enough to keep it to ourselves out of love and respect…regift..return….remain kind

242. treylew

December 28, 2015 at 10:05 am

I found a gift a gave a friend packed away in an attic a year later never opened. I’d rather give a person something I know they are going to like and actually use rather than me spending money on something they really don’t like. It’s such a waste of money and time and they don’t something they can use. Tell me what you want. I don’t want an attic full of unused unwanted gifts. We love to waste in this country.

243. Shantay

June 13, 2017 at 11:51 pm

you are actually a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. In addition, The contents are masterwork. you’ve done a great task on this matter!

244. shareit latest version

June 14, 2017 at 3:18 am

Hey! This is my very first reply here so I just wanted to say a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you recommend any other sites which cover shareit for pc download? I’m likewise truly fascinated by that thing! Thank you so much!

245. how to track a phone number

June 15, 2017 at 3:42 am

Greetings. I recently noticed your site and I really love it. I also love to talk about mobile phone tracker at times. Good to be around, thanks!

246. lucky patcher latest version

June 16, 2017 at 6:39 am

Hello there, what do you think on the subject of luck patcher apk? Extremely cool topic, right?

247. garageband download free

June 16, 2017 at 7:54 am

Hey there. I just noticed this website and I really love it. I also like to focus on garageband windows download occasionally. Great to be here, regards!

248. Max Ignasiak

June 16, 2017 at 7:20 pm

How can i allow anyone to create on my Blogspot blog?

249. how to make french press coffee

June 17, 2017 at 3:41 pm

You need to take part in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I’ll advocate this web site!

250. Jual Tempat tidur

June 18, 2017 at 10:08 am

I’m an aspiring writer-of all literary trades (journalism, screen composing, satire, etc)-but I want to start a blog for some adult focused, romantic wonderland literature. Anyone know how I could start a blog page that will allow myself to do this? I believe I’ll require a warning page just before entrance, and I want this to come up on search engines like google..

251. Pheromone

June 18, 2017 at 1:40 pm

What are the right wordpress themes/plugins that allow you to change design?

252. Easily reword a news content is that copyright?

253. katering pernikahan bandung

June 18, 2017 at 3:26 pm

How do I save my Opera bookmarks when getting a brand-new computer?

254. Arnold

June 19, 2017 at 4:02 am

My developer is trying to convince me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!

255. feromone adalah

June 19, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Have you ever thought about publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog based on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

256. pheromone parfum

June 19, 2017 at 1:43 pm

How can i delete pc passwords from a different user upon my computer?

257. go to this web-site

June 23, 2017 at 6:10 am

I just want to mention I’m very new to weblog and truly loved your website. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your website . You surely have good articles. Thanks a bunch for sharing with us your website.

258. Erna

June 30, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.
    Im really impressed by it.
    Hey there, You have performed an excellent job. I will certainly digg it and in my view
    suggest to my friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

259. sam smiles

August 28, 2017 at 8:40 am

and the spoiled brat entitled bloggers who have the time to pursue this pointless topic and waste the precious bandwidth that is our intertubes.

lmfao! what a bunch of crap.