After targeting ISIS earlier this week, the hacker group Anonymous claims it has uncovered Islamic State plans to attack at least eight sites around the world this Sunday, November 22. The attacks include three venues in Paris, a University in Lebanon, and the WWE Survivor Series in Atlanta, Georgia.
OpParisIntel, an Anonymous affiliate, released a list showing eight ISIS targets:
- WWE Survivor Series at Philips Arena (Atlanta, GA)
- Demonstration by Collectif du droit des femmes (Paris)
- Cigales Electroniques with Vocodecks, RE-Play & Rawtor at Le Bizen (Paris)
- Concrete Invites Drumcode: Adam Beyer, Alan Fitzpatrick, Joel Mull at Concrete (Paris)
- Feast of Christ the King celebrations (Rome/Worldwide)
- Al-Jihad, One Day Juz (Indonesia)
- Five Finger Death Punch (Milan)
- University Pastoral Day (Holy Spirit University of Kaslik, Lebanon)
The attacks include three cites in Paris, which was rocked last week by six different attacks throughout the city. ISIS also targeted Lebanon, which was also attacked last week, Indonesia, Rome, and Milan.
According to WSB-TV in Atlanta, the FBI is taking the threat to the WWE event very seriously.
— Mark Winne (@MarkWinneWSB) November 21, 2015
Anonymous turned their attention away from giant corporations and the American government last week and declared war on ISIS, quickly shutting down many ISIS social media accounts and message boards. The Islamic State responded to the hacker group, and threatened to retaliate. However, due to Anonymous’s loosely structured nature, an attack against the group would be difficult to organize.
The FBI released the following statement to WSB-TV:
“The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe.”
UPDATE 11/21/2015: Here is the WWE’s official response to this rumored ISIS threat: “WWE Survivor Series is currently scheduled as planned while we investigate the matter with federal, state and local authorities.”
UPDATE 11/22/2015: Read our latest update to this story here.