Crime

Here are the disturbing texts from Michelle Carter pressuring her boyfriend to commit suicide

For almost a week, Michelle Carter pressured her boyfriend to commit suicide until he finally gave in.

According to prosecutors, for almost a week Michelle Carter pressured her boyfriend, Conrad Roy III, to commit suicide until he finally gave in. She even researched methods that would make the event less painful and counseled the 18-year-old to overcome his fears, all while lying to police, his family, and her friends about his whereabouts before and after he poisoned himself with carbon monoxide in his pickup truck.

“You’re finally going to be happy in heaven. No more pain,” she told him in one message. “It’s okay to be scared and it’s normal. I mean, you’re about to die.”

Carter, who was 17 at the time of Roy’s death, is now facing manslaughter charges in a Massachusetts juvenile court.

If the brief outline of this story isn’t nauseating enough, this Friday prosecutors released the text messages between Carter and Roy leading up to that fateful day. It shows a troubled young man unsure about taking his own life, and the girlfriend he trusted relentlessly assuring him that it was the right decision.

Here’s an excerpt of text exchanges between the two in the week leading up to Roy’s suicide:

CONRAD ROY: How was your day?

MICHELLE CARTER: When are you doing it?

CONRAD: Since you don’t get your snapchat anymore, I sent them to you.

CARTER: (Smiley face) My day was okay. How was yours?

CONRAD: Good.

CARTER: Really?

CONRAD: Yes.

CARTER: That’s great. What did you do?

CONRAD: Ended up going to work for a little bit and then just looked stuff up.

CARTER: When are you gonna do it? Stop ignoring the question

Michelle Carter

Michelle Carter

According to prosecutors, Carter’s motive was to receive as much attention and sympathy as she could as a result of her boyfriend’s death.

The exchanges below took place the day of Roy’s suicide:

CARTER: You can’t think about it. You just have to do it. You said you were gonna do it. Like I don’t get why you aren’t.

CONRAD: I don’t get it either. I don’t know.

CARTER: So I guess you aren’t gonna do it then. All that for nothing. I’m just confused. Like you were so ready and determined.

CONRAD: I am gonna eventually. I really don’t know what I’m waiting for but I have everything lined up.

CARTER: No, you’re not, Conrad. Last night was it. You kept pushing it off and you say you’ll do it, but you never do. It’s always gonna be that way if you don’t take action. You’re just making it harder on yourself by pushing it off. You just have to do it. Do you want to do it now?

CONRAD: Is it too late? I don’t know. It’s already light outside. I’m gonna go back too sleep. Love you. I’ll text you tomorrow.

CARTER: No. It’s probably the best time now because everyone is sleeping. Just go somewhere in your truck and no one is really out there right now because it’s an awkward time. If you don’t do it now you’re never gonna do it, and you can say you’ll do it tomorrow, but you probably won’t. Tonight? Love you.

CONRAD: Thank you.

CARTER: For what. Are you awake?

CONRAD: Yes.

CARTER: Are you gonna do it today?

CONRAD: Yes.

CARTER: Like in the day time?

CONRAD: Should I?

CARTER: Yeah, it’s less suspicious. You won’t think about it as much and you’ll get it over with instead of wait until the night.

CONRAD: Yeah then I will. Like where? Like I could go in any enclosed area.

CARTER: Go in your truck and drive in a parking lot somewhere, to a park or something. Do it like early. Do it now, like early.

CONRAD: Didn’t we say this was suspicious?

CARTER: No. I think night is more suspicious, a kid sitting in his car turning on the radio. Just do it. It wouldn’t be suspicious and it won’t take long.

CONRAD: Okay. I’m taking Holly for a walk.

CARTER: Okay.

CONRAD: I don’t know why I’m like this.

CARTER: Sometimes things happen and we never have the answers why.

CONRAD: Like, why am I so hesitant lately. Like two weeks ago I was willing to try everything and now I’m worse, really bad, and I’m LOL not following through. It’s eating me inside.

CARTER: You’re so hesitant because you keeping over thinking it and keep pushing it off. You just need to do it, Conrad. The more you push it off, the more it will eat at you. You’re ready and prepared. All you have to do is tum the generator on and you will be free and happy. No more pushing it off. No more waiting.

CONRAD: You’re right.

CARTER: If you want it as bad as you say you do it’s time to do it today.

CONRAD: Yup. No more waiting.

CARTER: Okay. I’m serious. Like you can’t even wait ’till tonight. You have to do it when you get back from your walk.

CONRAD: Thank you.

CARTER: For what?

CONRAD: Still being here.

CARTER: I would never leave you. You’re the love of my life, my boyfriend. You are my heart. I’d never leave you.

CONRAD: Aw.

CARTER: I love you.

CONRAD: Love you, too.

CARTER: When will you be back from your walk?

CONRAD: Like, five minutes.

CARTER: Okay. So you gonna do it?

CONRAD: I guess.

CARTER: Well, I want you to be ready and sure. What does that mean?

CONRAD: I don’t know. I’m freaking out again. I’m over thinking.

CARTER: I thought you wanted to do this. This time is right and you’re ready. You just need to do it. You can’t keep living this way. You just need to do it like you did the last time and not think about it and just do it, babe. You can’t keep doing this every day.

CONRAD: I do want to but I’m like freaking for my family I guess. I don’t know.

CARTER: Conrad, I told you I’ll take care of them. Everyone will take care of them to make sure they won’t be alone and people will help them get through it. We talked about this and they will be okay and accept it. People who commit suicide don’t think this much. They just could do it.

CONRAD: I know. I know. LOL. Thinking just drives me more crazy.

CARTER: You just need to do it, Conrad, or I’m gonna get you help. You can’t keep doing this everyday.

CONRAD: Okay. I’m gonna do it today.

CARTER: You promise?

CONRAD: I promise, babe. I have to now.

CARTER: Like right now?

CONRAD: Where do I go?

CARTER: And you can’t break a promise. And just go in a quiet parking lot or something.

CONRAD: Okay.

CARTER: Go somewhere you know you won’t get caught. You can find a place. I now you can. Are you doing it now?Later that afternoon, the conversation continued

CONRAD: I’m determined.

CARTER: I’m happy to hear that.

CONRAD: I’m ready.

CARTER: Good because it’s time, babe. You know that. When you get back from the beach you’ve gotta go do it. You’re ready. You’re determined. It’s the best time to do it.

CONRAD: Okay, I will.

CARTER: Are you back?

CONRAD: No more thinking.

CARTER: Yes. No more thinking. You need to just do it. No more waiting.

CONRAD: On way back. I know where to go now.

CARTER: Where?

CONRAD: A parking lot. There is going to be no cars there at 9:00. So that’s when I’ll be found.

CARTER: Okay, perfect. When will you be home?

CONRAD: Ten minutes. Ha ha, that’s perfect.

CARTER: Okay. And, well, yeah, I don’t know.

CONRAD: Like, I don’t want to kill anyone else with me.

CARTER: You won’t.

CONRAD: When they open the door they won’t know it’s odorless and colorless.

CARTER: You’re over thinking. They will see the generator and realize you breathed in CO too.

CONRAD: So should I keep it in the back seat or front?

CARTER: In the front. You could write on a piece of paper and tape it on saying carbon monoxide or something if you’re scared.

CONRAD: I was thinking that but someone might see it before it actually happens.

CARTER: Well, wait, the generator is gonna be on because you’ll be passed out, so they’ll know you used carbon monoxide. Dead. It’s not loud is it?

CONRAD: Not really, LMAO.

CARTER: Okay, good. Are you gonna do it now?

Conrad Roy III (via Facebook)

Conrad Roy III (via Facebook)

At approximately 5:08 PM, Roy had returned from the beach and was considering backing out of the plan.

CONRAD: I’m home.

CARTER: Okay.

CONRAD: Ah.

CARTER: What?

CONRAD: I don’t know. I’m stressing.

CARTER: You’re fine. It’s gonna be okay. You just gotta do it, babe. You can’t think about it.

CONRAD: Okay. Okay. I got this.

CARTER: Yes, you do. I believe in you. Did you delete the messages?

CONRAD: Yes. But you’re going to keep messaging me.

CARTER: I will until you turn on the generator.

CONRAD: Okay. Well, I’m bringing my sisters for ice cream.

CARTER: So will you do it when you get back?

CONRAD: Yup, I’ll go right there.

CARTER: Okay.

CONRAD: Love you.

CARTER: I love so much.

CONRAD: (Smiley face).

CARTER: 33.

CONRAD: Ha ha. What are you doing?

CARTER: Nothing really. Just resting.

CONRAD: Okay. Ha, ha I’m procrastinating.

CARTER: Yeah, ha ha, I know. Are you back?

CONRAD: Yup.

CARTER: So it’s time?

CONRAD: Oh, it’s been time.

CARTER: Are you gonna do it now?

CONRAD: I just don’t know how to leave them, you know.

CARTER: Say you’re gonna go the store or something.

CONRAD: Like, I want them to know that I love them.

CARTER: They know. That’s one thing they definitely know. You’re over thinking.

CONRAD: I know I’m over thinking. I’ve been over thinking for a while now.

CARTER: I know. You just have to do it like you said. Are you gonna do it now?

CONRAD: I still haven’t left yet, ha ha.

CARTER: Why?

CONRAD: Leaving now.

CARTER: Okay. You can do this.

CONRAD: Okay. I’m almost there.

Carter Twitter

Screenshot from Carter’s now deleted Twitter account

According to court documents, Carter talked with Roy on the phone for 43 minutes after the above exchange. At some point during the call, Roy exited his car out of fear, but Carter convinced him to get back in. His body was found in his pickup truck after his parents reported him missing.

Facebook Comment
454 Comments

454 Comments

1. Jon Pittman

September 3, 2015 at 1:04 pm

IF she was a Christian, instead of preaching kill yourself now, she would have told him how much GOD loves him and GOD has a path for him to walk. And killing yourself will send you to HELL. This young man didn’t want to kill himself. The evil in this world is because parents don’t raise their kids up in the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is very sad… JESUS has a way out of anything you get yourself in. If that keeps one person from killing themselves, I’m on Facebook if you ever need to talk about anything inbox me….JOHN 3:16…

• John

September 3, 2015 at 2:17 pm

buuut no one cares if she was Christian or not cause she’s being selfish. Anyone could go through with this Christian, Islamic, Catholic etc.

• kc

September 3, 2015 at 2:19 pm

She doesn’t even need to be a Christian to be a caring person and try to help this poor struggling man out. Instead she is a sick manipulative person.

• Pitt

September 3, 2015 at 3:32 pm

Please stop

• Trent Grubb

September 3, 2015 at 11:16 pm

Let’s not judge who goes to Hell. Remember the Bible was interprited by man from its Latin scipture so we could understand the text. With that said, man is not perfect.

2. laurie

September 3, 2015 at 1:57 pm

How sad that you have to convince someone to take there own life. Its bad enough a person is so depresses they think this is the only way out but to convince someone to really do this is sick. I know my son died by overdose.

3. Josh

September 3, 2015 at 1:59 pm

The wrong person died in this scenario. I’m speechless. The girl is a nut and I hope she spends the next 15 years in jail. All of the fun years of growing up wasted away and behind her. She deserves nothing good in her life and I hope Karma finds her.

4. Cassie

September 3, 2015 at 3:09 pm

this woman is a sociopath and should be committed to a psychiatric prison until she is proven to be fully cured

5. Betty

September 3, 2015 at 3:23 pm

This absolutely breaks my heart. As a parent that has lost a child to suicide, the pain is like no other. I wish we could have charged the boy who blew my son off the day he asked for help. I wish they could have charged the girlfriend for locking him in a room…. There needs to be action taken for these actions of others!!! Every life is precious an we need to find what we can to help them realize how important they are, no discourage them. Such a sad story, my love an heart goes out to the family an friends of this young man!

6. Debbie

September 3, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Love??? Is that what she said??she loved him, I pray to God, no one ever loves any of my sons with that type of love, he needed help, was begging for it and the head person he loved and trusted, his life with the most, betrayed him, she could have gotten help for him…So sad!!….May he rest in peace.

7. maranda

September 3, 2015 at 4:48 pm

The boy didn’t even want to do it, she just nagged and nagged him until no end.
    So heart breaking

8. Lynn

September 3, 2015 at 4:54 pm

Sickening!!! Lock her in solitary confinement the rest of her life. That young man was pushed to do what he did. Now his family suffering because of it!

9. Mckendo Stensfactor (@Mckendo)

September 3, 2015 at 6:38 pm

Involuntary Manslaughter carries “time served’ often – she wont see more than a year or 2 at MOST in jail…which is unfortunate because she is a complete sociopath who was absolutely getting off on the idea of getting this kid to kill himself.

10. pam

September 3, 2015 at 7:25 pm

It’s called aiding and abetting . She needs to do time . How can she sleep at night ! Horrible , my prayers to the family .

11. evan

September 3, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Lock her up for life and cover her cell with his pictures.

• Cristena Bagne

September 5, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Haha! Love it! Best idea yet! But make it where she can’t rip them down, and if she does they just come back again 🙂

12. Jemaima

September 3, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Yes she’s guilty, a narcissist and a psychopath, I’m familiar with that kind of abuse, I can say I’m lucky my older sister 16 years my senior tried to induce me to commit suicide when I was in my teens, I hope this girl gets the sentence she deserves for her crime. My thoughts go to Conrad’s family

13. littlehyperleprechaun

September 3, 2015 at 9:06 pm

She is sick and twisted, if she loved him then she should have been pulling him out of the dark, not ready to push him into it.

14. Shanna Johnson

September 3, 2015 at 9:26 pm

You can tell that he was unstable and wanted to kill himself but it is clear by the messages that when it got to the point of seriously making plans for it that he was scared. If she hadn’t continued telling him to do it and insinuating that he was a coward for over-thinking then it is clear that he wouldn’t have killed himself. At least not at that point. It is obvious by those messages that she made him do it. She might as well have poisoned him herself. He was unstable and seemed to be waiting for her to say it’s okay that he doesn’t have to do this. To have her support his life but she just pushed and pushed until he saw no way out.

15. teresa

September 3, 2015 at 11:14 pm

She ahould
    Be charged for murder. She is a monster to talk anyone into taken their own lift is absurd! She she be put in jail for a long time. Instead getting him
    Help and informing a family
    Member about his thoughts she talked him into taken his own life. He had second thoughts about hat day and if it weren’t for her being so pursaive he outcome would be different. She a dispilicaple human being and an evil person! He was a kid in need of help and instead she pushed him to his death. I hope she gets spends a lot of time in jail she convinced someone to take his own life.

16. Midna Black

September 3, 2015 at 11:40 pm

She as good as killed him. What a sicko.

17. rdu06

September 3, 2015 at 11:58 pm

WOW. Instead of bringing people into the loop to help him, she convinced and even pressured him into committing suicide. Such a shame. I hope she goes to jai for a long time.

18. Doug

September 4, 2015 at 2:12 am

I can’t imagine what goes inside the head of that sociopathic *****. That guy was second guessing himself the whole time and that girl chose to push the guy into the deep end. I will say this; ultimately, it was the guy’s decision to commit the unfortunate act. However, if a person knows that another person is legitimately thinking of committing suicide, then that person (A) has a responsibility in trying to talk the person out it or (B), call the proper authorities. If a counselor is concerned for a patient, it is within their responsibility to make the right call or their ass is canned. I think that the judge is looking it at from a similar perspective that the girl had a chance to stop something and kept pressuring her “boyfriend” to end it all. Sad, sad story.

• advancedmaternalagecarryingtwins

September 10, 2015 at 5:54 pm

I mostly agree with you, but it really sounded like she was more talking him into it.

• Duncans11

September 24, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Absolutely. No matter her age at the time of those conversations/texts – Michelle Carter was (and still is) a sadistic, evil, mere shell of a human being. It is scary to know manipulators like her are around us and our families, pretending to genuinely care when they’re really solely concerned with their own sick, twisted alterior motives. I have no doubt Conrad would be alive and recovering from his depression today had she not entered his life. It is unquestionably obvious he did not really want to go through with the suicide. She literally NAGGED him into killing himself. I don’t support locking any and everyone up for each and every little offense – but she’s one I’d happily place in solitary confinement. Conrad’s parents should at least be afforded the peace of mind in knowing she won’t be able to manipulate other impressionable young people into harming themselves or others.

• Alexis Boucher

September 30, 2015 at 2:08 am

I like how rational and straightforward this comment is. Right and wrong are not as unclear as people think they are. She is clearly very disturbed psychologically, and he is clearly very influenced by her. I guess what I am saying is that your comment is what should be thought of first. The reasons why what she did is wrong are obvious. My next step, though, is wondering how she became such a narcissist, and what allowed him to be so delusional when it came to her feelings for him. He wanted to back out, but it seems like he is almost wanting something to push him to do it. Maybe he had some real understanding of who she is all along. I sometimes think that these kind of stories shed a lot of light on how much a victimizing role plays in people’s decisions and actions to do harm to themselves and others.

19. jen m

September 4, 2015 at 4:15 am

this is absolutely terrible. feel so bad for this kid and his family 🙁

20. Diganta Thapa

September 4, 2015 at 10:21 am

America is a weird place with weird people. They always come up with ingenious ways to commit a crime. Its sickening.Sad a young life was lost because of someone’s stupidity. My heart goes out to the parents. May god gv u the courage to tide over the pain.

• anon

September 24, 2015 at 2:53 am

Lol America is so weird, keep wiping your ass with your barehand Patel.

• Lumpy

September 24, 2015 at 10:27 am

One does have to be more creative with systematic rape and public executions are off the table.

• Melanie

September 29, 2015 at 4:10 am

agreed…I am in Socialist Canada we take care of our poor, everyone has free health care, it creates a people who care for each other. The states is one scary place filled with fat greedy selfish psychos, who believe war and killing and guns are a sure fire way for peace. 🙁

21. Trisha

September 4, 2015 at 11:51 am

I wouldn’t even talk someone that I didn’t love/ like in to harming themselves. What a nut case this girl is. She sure is getting the attention she wanted, now. Just not how she thought she’d get it…

22. Stephanie

September 4, 2015 at 3:02 pm

It drives me crazy that some responses are talking shit that they were saying it’s her fault and saying “of course they blame someone else” it is against the law to help someone commit suicide whether physically or mentally. The fact this poor boy was mentally unstable and she took advantage of that sickens me. I hope his family gets piece knowing what happened.

23. maria

September 4, 2015 at 3:42 pm

what a repulsive girl. No one does that to someone they love, she pushed him to commit for her own selfish reasons, in the time where he needed someone the most because he couldnt see clearly she took Advantage. For that she deserves to be punished. Instead of helping him and encouraging him things will get better she pushed him to kill himself. Sick bitch. She deserves to live the rest of her days in regret and pain.

24. Elizabeth

September 4, 2015 at 4:08 pm

This girl is now 18, yes? Why is she being tried in a juvenile court? and WHEN she is convicted, what are the repercussions? I’m unsure of the laws when it comes to minors. Also, does Massachusetts have the death penalty? And finally,why has this demon disguised as a girl not gotten the snot beaten out of her yet?? I’m half tempted myself to drive all the way out to Massachusetts, find her, and punch her back to last Christmas.

• Becky

September 5, 2015 at 1:06 am

She was a minor when she committed the crime–that’s how they decide how to charge you, not how old you are when they file charges. I don’t know what Massachusetts law is on charging minors as adults, it varies.

It doesn’t matter if Massachusetts has the death penalty, because it was ruled unconstitutional to give the death penalty to anyone of any age for a crime they committed as a minor. But no, Massachusetts does not have the death penalty.

• letsgetem51

September 29, 2015 at 1:14 am

They do charge people younger than her as an adult, tho. I don’t know why they didn’t charge her as an adult. She is one sick bitch.

A 12 yr old boy and a 15 yr old boy were both charged as adults for murder here in the US.

• Kelly

September 18, 2015 at 6:49 pm

I agree with that! Maybe to the Christmas before last though!

• Kansas

October 2, 2015 at 12:46 pm

I’LL go with you!!

25. Jenn

September 4, 2015 at 4:39 pm

Hope she is enjoying the attention she’s getting now! Dumb bitch!

26. Alison

September 4, 2015 at 7:49 pm

Wtf. Is wrong with this girl!? She’s the one with psychological issues. Sickening.

27. Tami

September 4, 2015 at 8:41 pm

She needs to be sealed in a truck with no way to exit with a gas line pumping the fumes to her until she expires.

• Alex2540

September 5, 2015 at 2:19 am

This is why I don’t like reading comments

28. the lion

September 4, 2015 at 10:10 pm

this just pisses me off. i wish i could go back in time and save that poor kid from that crazy bitch

29. Evan

September 4, 2015 at 11:11 pm

This is disgusting. I hope this girl has the worst life ever in prison. Knowing the minor criminal system quite well however, she will probably not get the punishment she deserves for the heinous act. I’m sick to my stomach about this bitches actions. How sad for this boy, she makes him beileive she loves and cares for him but in reality is just taking advantage of his weak mental state to get attention for herself. If anyone in this has mental issues it’s more so her not him. What a nut bar I hope she dies. I mean that.

• Melanie

September 29, 2015 at 4:11 am

Her punishment will come in the form of her community, she will be hated forever, she will be embarrassed forever and she will never live this down.

• Kit Richardson

October 19, 2015 at 5:32 am

She didn’t even have trouble getting a date to the prom – unfortunately our collective memories are not that long

30. Nadia Lancivette

September 4, 2015 at 11:32 pm

After proof that the evil woman plan in having this mentally unstable boy kill himself to raise money on his death, why is she being charged with “unvoluntary manslaughter”?
    English is my second language maybe I don’t understand what “UNVOLUNTARY”. Can anyone help me there.
    She so didn’t know what she was doing she asked him to delete the messages?

• Nadia Lancivette

September 4, 2015 at 11:41 pm

I meant to say “maybe I don’t understand what “UNVOLUNTARY” means. Can someone help me there?”

• scriban media

September 10, 2015 at 5:04 pm

I’m sure they taught you in school the art of opening a dictionary.

• Duncans11

September 24, 2015 at 6:22 pm

It’s “involuntary” and it’s simply a matter of which charges the prosecution thinks may have a better chance of obtaining a conviction. This isn’t a usual occurrence with lots of previously documented court cases to utilize for guidance. If prosecution aims too “high” with a more serious charge (i.e. second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter), they could end up losing the case altogether and she’d be free to possibly do this to another impressionable person. At least this way she’s being held accountable on SOME level…

• Stand4Justice1

September 26, 2015 at 7:36 am

they know very well that she voluntarily pushed him to commit suicide…but they are afraid they won’t be able to prove it, so they are going for in-voluntary manslaughter.

• letsgetem51

September 29, 2015 at 1:37 am

“The Boston Herald reports that 18-year-old high school senior Michelle Carter has been busy socializing, attending prom and even taking a trip to Disney World with her close pals.”

Involuntary manslaughter:

“Unlawfully killing someone unintentionally” That’s the shortest and the best definition I could find. Which really doesn’t make sense either. She didn’t “kill” him but she, from what I’ve read, humiliated him into doing it. She’s evil. On 10/2 she goes to court and a judge will decide if they drop charges!

31. Belinda

September 5, 2015 at 12:17 am

Wow, that is so wrong!! What a heartless person!!!

32. nik

September 5, 2015 at 2:00 am

She deserves to go to jail for the rest of her life and rot! She is a sociopath. My heart breaks for her parents that they have such rotten daughter. But moreso my heart breaks for that poor kid who was obviously so conflicted. Had someone else known he was so depressed, he could’ve gotten help and could’ve possibly lived a good life. Now his family will forever live with the guilt of not knowing the full extent of his pain. She should be tried as an adult because she knew exactly what she was doing. She is not capable of any feelings obviously, and she should not be allowed to have a normal life outside of prison walls! Depression is such an awful disease and it is taken so lightly and disregarded in our health system here in America!

33. Mr 2 cents

September 5, 2015 at 2:25 am

she deserves to be jailed for the rest of her life and raped/abused by butchy inmates!

• Emily

September 5, 2015 at 4:07 am

You are just as crazy as her if your trying to cure evil with evil!! Your supposed to speak words of wisdom and teach the young how to be STRONG and BRAVE in this EVIL world!

• Kansas

October 2, 2015 at 12:52 pm

I agree Emily!! But I can’t say i haven’t said those same evil things when someone hurts a defenseless animal!! So I’m no better I guess….but u are right!

• Irene

September 5, 2015 at 6:03 am

No, she’s a cold blooded murderer and she deserves to be dead. That’s it. Rape doesn’t factor into this at all, and people need to stop jumping to “rape that bitch!” every time a woman does anything.

34. skippy

September 5, 2015 at 12:52 pm

Ilse Koch was a Nazi concentration camp guard who was so wicked, she was considered among the worst of the worst, alongside Dr. Mengele “The Angel of Death”. She wasn’t executed like the Nazi men were. She got a life sentence in prison, which was reduced to 2 years, and then she was released. Even Nazi mass murderers get special treatment if they’re female. Michelle Carter may be ruthless and cruel, but she’s nowhere near as bad as Ilse Koch.

My bet is Michelle Carter will get away with it. She might even get away with it a few more times, if she gets the opportunity to do it again. People would pay her big money to watch her do her thing in a reality TV show. Forget the movie and book deals, she could be the biggest celebrity ever just by ruining people’s lives and letting everyone watch her do it. As long as she doesn’t do anything stupid like apologize or admit guilt, she might become a fashionable role model for young girls, like Britney Spears singing “Oops, I did it again”.

• Christine Ellen Jupp

September 6, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Umm… That’s a bit of a stretch don’t you think? A fashionable role model for convincing people to kill themselves? She’s going to jail. Try to stay in planet earth.

• Kansas

October 2, 2015 at 12:59 pm

LMAO

• Kathy Cole

September 7, 2015 at 3:04 am

Just because the law didn’t work in that case doesn’t mean it won’t or shouldn’t work in this case. She is evil. Pure evil!

• Suffrajohn

September 24, 2015 at 7:36 pm

I think the reality tv things a bit of a stretch but i completely understand and agree with what you’re saying. I think your comment illustrates (a little creatively) the abhorrent state of our current society, because reality tv shows are entirely about humiliating and degrading real people for the world to see. Plus, you’re right that women receive a totally warped notion of justice when compared to men. In most western countries, a man who committed exactly the same crime as a woman, in exactly the same circumstances, would receive at least DOUBLE the jail time. This is one of the many reasons why post-feminism is no more than a bullshit power play for whining idiots that regurgitate uninformed speculation without any personal research. Don’t believe me? Look it up. While you’re there, ask yourself why women complaining about equal pay quote annual wages over hourly – men work *ON AVERAGE* more overtime. Plus more men are raped in prison alone than women in the whole country, and more men killed in war, at work, on the street, in prison, and well, just about everywhere. I could go on.

• smorss2011

October 4, 2015 at 3:33 pm

Nice misogyny backed up with a 70 year old example.

35. annoying

September 5, 2015 at 3:28 pm

she’s white…she will get away with it…they all say that they had some mental disorder and get away with murder…yet if a Hispanic or black man does this same thing but to a white person…death row will be there sentence. We going back to them days where it black and white..no justice for the poor and colored.

• Jim

September 9, 2015 at 4:40 pm

You’re an idiot. You probably also believe George Bush steered Hurricane Katrina into New Orleans because he hates black people.

• Amanda Chevalier

September 10, 2015 at 2:19 am

Why bring race into this? And how can you cross compare a white girl with a hispanic or black man? To be more consistent on your race issue, that you decided to bring up, you would need to compare a white girl with a hispanic or black girl.

• jeff

September 16, 2015 at 8:46 pm

What does race have to do with this? Nothing. Period. Since you brought it up, O.J. Simpson is not white. Your argument is not valid, at no point did any of your rambling contain one ounce of logic, you get no points for playing. May the Creator have mercy on us all.

• Donna Paquette

September 23, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Why are you playing the race card? This is not about race so get over it. SMH

• letsgetem51

September 29, 2015 at 1:40 am

Yes, not only are you annoying, you’re an idiot also. You should contact Michelle, she’d be a good friend for your to have.

• Megan

October 1, 2015 at 12:01 am

A white woman was executed yesterday in Georgia for hiring someone to kill her husband.

• Kansas

October 2, 2015 at 1:12 pm

Your comment is beyond ridiculous @annoying!!! Race isn’t even a factor nor does your comment Make sense!!! You really must have a rough black life for even thinking that way! Do u bring up race on every news story about crimes?

36. Michael Duggan

September 5, 2015 at 7:04 pm

She should be convicted of “depraved heart murder”. Why has legislation not thought of this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depraved-heart_murder

37. NinaBunny

September 6, 2015 at 10:22 pm

Reading this made me sick. I have such a stomach ache now.. This girl is beyond despicable.I can’t even think straight. This is just awful.

38. Nell Miller

September 7, 2015 at 5:38 am

She should be arrest for at least for conspiracy to commit or assist with a suicide. Your local DA’s office should know the charge and save the printout of the conversation. As evidence don’t let it disappear because with out it it is a he said she said with out it. I sure hope I get to hear the out come . This is one for the book

• letsgetem51

September 29, 2015 at 1:44 am

I’m pretty sure the DA’s office knows the save the “print out” of the text messages. Lol

• Kansas

October 2, 2015 at 1:20 pm

Im pretty sure they thought saving the conversation!! You got to read it , didn’t you? But thank god you reminded them , other wise they wouldn’t have a case against her!!( sarcasm intended)

39. bubbles

September 10, 2015 at 7:45 am

This is devastating, she needs major help, sounds like to me she didnt want him, but didnt no one else to have him either..such a tragic for a young man, or woman to do anything like that jus cause someone ask them too…and she is one sick indivudual, i wld hate to have to be her counselor cause aint no tellin what she will try to get other people to do, shes prolly thinkin o well im goin to jail anyways..i jus cant for the life of me figure out why she wld want him to do such a thing..shes a selfish very sick individual!!! Better be glad im not over seeing her case, cause her little plea of insanity wldnt work with me at all..she wld get a cell with the key thrown away. She doesnt even deserve to see the light of day ever again..he cant, why should see? I jus dont get it, i really dont, i cant imagine what was goin thru her so called brain, or his head either for that matter….

40. scriban media

September 10, 2015 at 5:12 pm

I find it very curious that in one message she told him “I love you – I would never leave you”… all the while encouraging him to leave her…

41. Rachel

September 10, 2015 at 9:58 pm

Special place in hell for this girl! Hope she rots in prison!

42. skippy

September 11, 2015 at 1:47 am

43. Rosa PLUCHINO

September 15, 2015 at 1:21 am

This is so sad I think she deserves the max sentence she can receive minor or not she knew what she was doing n why. I wish he told someone else cuz anyone in there rite mind would have tried to prevent it. She needs to be punished to the full extent of the law she never loved him she only loved herself if that I don’t think she even knows what love is or means this is such a sad story. I am so empathetic for those parents I’m am outraged n I don’t even knw these people or kids imagine how others who knw n love them feel. How hurtful!!

44. Krista belcher

September 15, 2015 at 6:53 pm

Omgosh this is redicolouse!!! She needs to be in jail for like ever

45. Rebecca Preast

September 23, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Definitely not defending her, because she definitely deserves prison, but does it not sound a little like Munchausen by proxy? She did it so she could gain attention and sympathy…

46. Donna

September 24, 2015 at 12:10 am

This little girl should be locked up forever! She a sociopath and needs to be held accountable and off the streets.

47. unapologetically speaken

September 24, 2015 at 1:28 am

May God rest his soul and provide his family with solace!
    The saddest part is she probably will get a slap on the wrist.. but truthfully any punishment she receives will not equate to his life nor will it bring him back!
    It’s sad ,a wolf dressed in sheep’s clothing.

A real girlfriend would’ve took him to a counselor and sat with me. It’s scary all the I love yous followed up by Did you do it.

It’s almost like a morbid infatuation. Bases upon this Content, she needs help! What person in their right mind plots the suicide of a loved one, or anyone for that matter.. smh

Truthfully, both families are in my prayers!
    Only love can weigh out hate.

Rest in Peace!!

48. Pingback: Teen Who Encouraged Her Boyfriend To Commit Suicide Faces Manslaughter Charges - eSociably

49. Joyce Thomas

September 26, 2015 at 6:05 am

I have never heard of anything so sad in all my life. Michelle is a sick, sick, sociopath. And she just didn’t start showing signs of her behavior. Her parents have allowed her to get away with so much that was wrong, she thinks she is invincible. Along comes Roy, who falls head over hills in love with her. After they dated several times and finding out how disappointed he felt his life was. That’s when she moved in to destroy his life. Roy was suffering from undiagnosed sever depression, and anything she said and did to him made him feel better than it did than being at home. Sociopaths are the most cleverish, smartest, egotistical people you will ever meet. How do I know? We have a neice in the family that has been a sociopath since she was 7 years old. She has been on every medication that comes out for sociopaths, and the best hosiptals. Sociopaths are born, they are made, and there is no cure. Unless you remove Carter from society, she will turn around and do something worse the next time.

50. Clara Dimitra Boyd

September 28, 2015 at 8:49 am

I’m a cognitive neurologist, but not a forensic psychiatrist.

I believe she has a variant of factitious disorder by proxy (or Munchausen’s syndrome by proxy). In this condition, a person (usually a caretaker such as a mother) intentionally inflicts physical harm on another person (usually a child) in order to gain attention and sympathy for a manufactured illness. They do not seek financial gain, do not seek freedom from responsibility, do not seek revenge, do not seek time off work, etc. As such, there are no “tangible” motives or rewards for the perpetrator, other than to assume the role of a “tragic hero” and to garner attention/sympathy for themselves.

There are a few cases of this disorder leading to convictions/imprisonment. Tanya Reid comes to mind. Reid had a history of this behavior as a teen, and continued it into adulthood with her own children, killing one of them.