Context is everything – which is why it’s especially fun to take things out of context.
This exercise in irreverence is curiously funny when it’s applied to children’s books, and things can definitely get a little awkward.
1. This is creepily bossy.
2. Hopefully some kid doesn’t find inspiration in this.
3. We’re assuming this is purely accidental.
4. George may get slapped with a restraining order.
6. No comment on this one.
7. …or this one.
8. Then there’s this evil thing.
9. You have to wonder if someone meant to put that sticker there.
10. No means no, Mr. Lion.
11. No reading aloud please.
12. What the hell is going on here?