A South Carolina husband and wife have been arrested and charged by the FBI for their role in the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, ABC4News reports.
John H. Getsinger Jr., 52, and Stacie Ann Hargis-Getsinger, 43 were arrested on Tuesday and later released on $75,000 bond. They’ve been charged with:
- Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building,
- Disorderly and Disruptive Conduct in a Restricted Building,
- Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct While Parading,
- Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building,
- Parading, Demonstrating, or Picketing in a Capitol Building
Someone giving a tip to the FBI said that a video exists of the Getsingers entering the Capitol building yelling, “This is War! We’re storming the Capitol!” according to an FBI affidavit.
Another tipster told the FBI that Stacie Getsinger made a post on her Facebook page which read, “The [presidential] election was rigged, and this ain’t over.”
According to The State, the FBI served a search warrant on Facebook and also obtained cell phone data from Google that pinpointed John Getsinger’s cell phone as being inside the Capitol building at 2:44 p.m. on Jan. 6. Stacie Getsinger reportedly expressed “concern” that the couple would go to prison for being in the Capitol building.